World Vegetable Center
Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New Job Vacancies at The
World Vegetable Center (WorldVeg) 2023
Regional Communications Officer
Regional Communications Officer at World Vegetable Center Eastern and Southern Africa (ESA).
World Vegetable Center (WorldVeg) is a non-profit, autonomous
international agricultural research center with headguarters in Taiwan
and five regional offices around the globe. WorldVeg conducts research
and development programs that contribute to realize the potential of
vegetables for healthier lives and more resilient livelihoods.
Forfurther information please visit our website: www.worldveg.org
Center is recruiting a Regional Communications Officer to lead the
Center’s communication function at ESA-level and thus contribute to the
building and enhancement of WorldVeg’s image, raise the Center’s profile
and influence policies and actions of governments, farmers, development
partners, corporates, foundations, academia, philanthropists in respect
to nutritional, social and economic importance of vegetable crops.
Regional Communications Officer will be responsible for the
implementation of the WorldVeg’s communication strategy at regional
level. She/he will develop and implement communications plan for
internal and external audiences including staff, resident scientists,
development partners, media and other stakeholders.
holder will also be responsible for establishing and promoting the brand
of WorldVeg regionally, raising awareness about the organization’s work
at various forums and ensuring transparency and regular information
sharing with the public. He/she will be a strategic thinker with strong
understanding of various media platforms and the development sector.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
The Regional Communications Development Officer will report to the
Regional Director, ESA and will work closely with other regional
communications officers of WorldVeg, the Director Global Engagement, and
the Communications team at Headguarters.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Develop and implement annual communication workplans.
- Produce periodic (country, regional, project-level) reports.
and manage the Center’s events including the activities to celebrate
the 50th anniversary of WorldVeg to be held throughout 2023.
- Share knowledge to inform and influence policy and programmes at national and regional level.
- Collaborate with other WorldVeg regional communications officers to enhance the visibility of WorldVeg’s at global level.
- Develop a good partnership with WorldVeg project managers to generate ideas and stories for dissemination to the public.
the ESA annual communication and outreach strategy and contribute to
other WorldVeg communication plans as may be required from time to time.
country or project offices in the region in communication related
activities producing communication and visibility products and
materials, as well as providing necessary guidance to the
country/project teams etc.
- In collaboration with WorldVeg
project managers and the Communications team at HQ. develop knowledge
and communications products on on-going projects, initiatives and
impacts for wider dissemination to regional economic communities,
governments, resource partners, and other development partners with the
goal of informing, raising awareness, and facilitating advocacy /
- Be the regional focal point for
information requests from outside actors and channel such requests to
technical staff for effective response.
- Provide oversight and quality control of communication support for events organized by the Region.
in One CGIAR inter-agency communication and reporting efforts
particularly in relationship to projects which are implemented jointly.
- Establishing standard information-sharing and clearance processes, in consultation with technical colleagues.
to the development and production of communication and visibility
products (e.g., success/beneficiary stories for print and web, leaflets,
brochures, presentations, posters, etc.), including drafting/reviewing
texts in English, and overseeing the design, printing and distribution
- Facilitating media relations for ESA, including
organizing press conferences/briefings or field visits and producing
media-style public information products, media speaking/talking points,
press releases, human interest stories for use by WorldVeg. Liaise with
relevant colleagues in headquarters, specifically the Communications
Team at HQ and the Director Global Engagement to facilitate exposure of
WorldVeg’s activities and ensure the accuracy/coherence of content
- Providing information and advice to staff on communications related matters.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Social Science, Business Management, Communication, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field.
- Minimum 8 years of demonstrated experience in the communication industry.
- A good understanding of the media industry in terms of communication for development aspects.
- 5-10 years business/management experience
- Proven competence in written and spoken English, good writing and editorial skills.
- Fluency in French will be an added advantage.
- Proven skills in developing, writing, editing and dissemination of impactful communications pieces.
high energy, confident person who is able to engage people and get them
to buy-in to our mandate and/or to partnering with WorldVeg.
organizational and time management skills. Also, very strong networking
skills and excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to work effectively across multiple functions, locations and cultures
- Strong team leadership skills.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
HOW TO APPLY
should submit a letter of application explaining their suitability for
and interest in the position along with their curriculum vitae, a recent
passport size photograph, names and addresses (including
telephone/e-mail) of three professional referees and date of
availability. Please send applications stating the job title by email to
firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date on 10 February 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.