JOB VACANCY – POINT-OF-CARE ULTRASOUND AND TELEMEDICINE FACALITATOR
POINT-OF-CARE ULTRASOUND AND TELEMEDICINE FACALITATOR Duration:
3 months (Fixed Term Contract) – Full time position (100%) Starting date
: 3rd of January 2022 Direct Reports:
MEDICAL TEAM LEADER in Nduta, MEDICAL COORDINATOR in Dar es Salaam, OCG POCUS ADVISOR and MEDOPS POCUS program in Geneva Location:
NDUTA CAMP (KIBONDO, KIGOMA REGION)
FOR NATIONAL STAFF ONLY Recommended:
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical
humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected
by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from
healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective
of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore
guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These
principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Medical doctor or Clinical officer with certified accreditation or training and experience in point of care ultrasound (POCUS)
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2021 (1,475 POSTS)
Minimum 2 years working experience with extensive experience in
performing and reporting/interpreting ultrasound of both children and
· Previous work experience with MSF is a must
· English and Swahili (fluent, oral & written) required.
Objectives of the position:
· To integrate existing strategy for POCUS implementation and follow-up of previous training activities
· To assist directly field team with context-specific POCUS training
· To support capacity building and strengthen the existing POCUS team
· To strengthen strategy for integrated use of Telemedicine in all departments
· To collaborate with the intersectional POCUS Advisors to improve POCUS usage and create sustainable capacity for the future
Main competencies and knowledge:
· Excellent communication skills
· Demonstrated experience and excellence in teaching and training
· Ability to motivate and lead medical colleagues and to translate strategy and policy into operational practice
· Enthusiastic, motivated and independent; able to work with minimal supervision in challenging contexts
· Experience working in resource limited settings with MSF or with equivalent humanitarian organization
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Computer literacy: Microsoft Office is essential
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
- Experience in training medical professionals in ultrasound
ultrasound of both children and adults covering EFAST,
cardio-pulmonary, basic abdomen, and if possible basic emergency
obstetric. Other skills, including for soft tissue, musculoskeletal,
neonatal head, etc.
- Experience in tropical diseases and working in resource-limited settings
- Training other staff experience in POCUS within the MSF context
- Familiar with Quality Assurance systems and continued medical education in ultrasound
- Familiar with the use of Telemedicine, case submission and discussions
serve as project POCUS facilitator and focal point for Telemedicine in
Nduta with the reporting line to POCUS Advisor and works with complete
- To integrate existing strategy to address POCUS training needs and implementation:
with the intersectional POCUS Advisors, review training strategy to
continue longitudinal POCUS programs, which fit Operational strategies
- To organize and perform pending field-based
POCUS training/implementation for MSF clinicians in Nduta, especially
- To serve as Co-facilitator during remote
training of facilitators for general and obstetric POCUS to create solid
facilitation skills in Nduta.
- To organize and facilitate
orientations on project level and demonstrations of POCUS usages to key
people (new arrivals, visitors, etc.)
- To assist the POCUS Advisor in long-term planning for POCUS implementation.
follow-up all previous trainees through organizing longitudinal
tracking and ensure high quality clinical integration by all POCUS
- To ensure systematic and appropriate use of Telemedicine by all clinicians:
- To support TM case submission.
- To implement follow-up system of chronic TM cases in the project (especially paediatric cardiac cases).
- To support appropriate documentation and handover of TM cases.
- To assess needs of equipment and create easy workflow for all clinicians.
contribute to MSF wide objectives in 5 work-streams (if applicable):
Field based implementation, operational research, integration of
algorithms into clinical guidelines, technology and telemedicine.
coordinate with the POCUS focal points and field biomedical team
regarding any issues with standard equipment in the field, and when
requested, advice fields on appropriate of ultrasound equipment.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Method of Application
All interested applicants should submit cover letter, CV, supporting documents (copies of diplomas) and phone number to: HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER, Hamza Aziz Street, Kahama Court, P.O.BOX 4493, Masaki, Dar es Salaam or send through MSFCH-Tanzania –Recruitment@geneva.msf.org
Please make sure the subject of your email will be:
POINT-OF-CARE ULTRASOUND AND TELEMEDICINE FACALITATOR – APPLICATION
Deadline for the submission of applications is at 4PM on 05/12/2021
Only applications in English will be considered
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.