Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Production Development Trainer to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the mining department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Production FFL
Work Schedule: 42 days on, 21 days off
Duration: 2 Years
- Conduct remote operation in open stope
- Discuss with Supervisor how to improve operating & cycle efficiency
- Monitor & control operating & cycle efficiency
- Monitor & control loading & cycle efficiency
- Coach and mentor trainees on LH307, LH410, LH514 Sandvik Loaders as well as Remote operation
- Assist with the training and skills development of trainees.
- To provide technical, practical and field support in various working areas of the mine focusing in increasing work effectiveness and productivity while lowering cost through improved good operational practices
- Collect drilling consumables & mining instructions
- Perform pre-use inspection
- Develop and train long hole operators in industry best practice.
- Develop and train long hole operators in Sandvik automation drilling
- Foster, mentor and develop current longhole operators improving overall safety and productivity metrics
- Conduct charging of Blast Holes
- Face preparation & marking off
- Installation of Ground Support – bolt, mesh, cablebolts
- Perform Drilling Activities
- Uncouple equipment & remove from workplace
- Ensure all Equipment are clean
- To Record & Report Drilling Performance
- Ordinary secondary education
- Trained and competent in operation of Sandvik Loaders, Production Drills and/or Jumbo
- Valid Driving Licence
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in fully mechanized high speed mine
- Experience in operating machine in large underground mining operation
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high speed development (175m per month per jumbo)..
- Ability to demonstrate >160dm per shift production drill
- Exposure to automation of both production drills and loaders
- Demonstrated ability in training operators in all facets of UG mechanized mining.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “PRODUCTION DEVELOPMENT TRAINER“ in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: email@example.com
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 24th November 2021
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com