Position Title: Finance Officer
Church World Service (CWS)
Reports To: Administration Supervisor
Division: Immigration & Refugee Program+ (IRP+)
Job Location: Kasulu, Tanzania
Grade Level: Grade 5, Officer, National
PAST PAPERS FROM STANDARD 7 UP TO FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. FREE DOWNLOAD, CLICK HERE!
World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization
transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable
solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran
status in employment or in the provision of services.
position is responsible for the daily expenditure, management and
maintenance of the RSC Africa financial records in CWS Tanzania office,
in accordance with the guidelines of DOS/PRM and RSC Africa policies and
The position works closely with the Nairobi-based
Finance team, Administration Manager, Human Resource staff, General
Service’s staff and other staff in the Administration and Program
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
- Administers, disburses, and replenishes the Shilling and Dollar petty cash funds.
- Enters check and petty cash payments into Sage 300 accounting system.
Enters data into the accounts receivable module and distributes
quarterly debtors’ statements to staff/Bill staff with any owed amounts.
- Assists and organizes relevant documents for the annual audit both internal and external.
Receives refunds of unused travel cash advances and any other cash and
check refunds, issues receipts for any refund received and ensures
regular and timely banking of all refunds received;
- Review and
ensure that Trip Expense Reports are reviewed and duly signed by the
relevant staff supervisors and filed appropriately;
quarterly stock-take of Inventory and prepares and submits a report on
variances to the Administration Manager and Administration Supervisor
for follow up;
- Assists in budget preparation, budget monitoring and tracking of expenditures;
Follows sound accounting procedures and practices in conformity with
GAAP, IAS and OMB circulars to ensure accuracy and transparency on the
use of US Government’s funds;
- Reviews purchase requests, travel
request and any other form of procurement review coding on documents to
ensure its accurate as per the coded budget;
- Files and retrieves financial documents, to include online filing;
- Assist with cash and bank reconciliations, Reconcile general ledger accounts on a monthly basis;
Reconciles and disburses monthly, quarterly and annual statutory
deductions and returns, including pension, withholding tax, NHIF, NSSF,
PAYE within the statutory period;
- Prepares monthly financial reports on accrual basis using fund accounting principles;
- Prepares staff Telephone Bills report and any other receivable and sends to payroll section on Monthly basis;
- Prepares and disburses accounts payable for approved purchases and contracts according to procedures and policies in place;
Undertakes all duties as may be assigned by supervisor in order to
improve on internal controls and financial operations for the overall
achievement of RSC Africa’s goals and objectives;
- Four (4) years of work experience with INGO, preferable US-funded grants.
- Two (2) years directly related specialized experience performing the essential duties in finance is required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and Sage 300 or similar accounting software required.
- Knowledge of fund and accrual accounting principles is required.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting, Finance or other Business Degree or four (4) years of experience in lieu of a degree required.
- CPA/ACCA/CIMA finalist with minimum 4 years of relevant experience.
- Advanced MS skills to include (advanced Excel).
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Maintain the integrity of official records.
- Analyze and solve complex problems and make sound decisions.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Maintain a high-performance standard with attention to detail;
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required;
Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to
support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
- COVID Vaccination is strongly recommended for all successful candidates.
The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel
extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of
flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before
traveling for RSC Africa.
- This position is based in Kasulu, Tanzania
- This position requires use of laptops at all time, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
This position may require travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice
and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic
- Driver’s License Type code 8 is required.
Background check which includes references and an educational and
criminal check is required before the start of employment for
- A valid passport and the ability to
maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required,
which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing,
kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects
(manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger
movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked
changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases,
harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel,
excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
- Full time.
employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their
location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on
location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
MODE OF APPLICATION