Contract Type National contract
Job title: Grants/MEAL Officer
Reporting to: Area Manager
Technical line manager: Grants Management Coordinator
Direct reports: N/A
Unit/department: Grants and MEAL Department
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Overall purpose of the role:
• Work with programme and MEAL staff to develop high-quality and
timely reports for donors and other country- and HQ-level communication
• Support the Grants Management Coordinator in the
initiatives to expand the portfolios, including contributions to
proposal development and programme design.
• Support the Grants Management Coordinator in the partnerships process.
• Coordinate and support the development and finalization of
high-quality, timely reports for donors, partners, and government on
programme progress, ensuring all donor reporting requirements are met
and strategically positioned to demonstrate DRCs leadership in
programming in the country context.
• Support the Grants
Management Coordinator in providing timely, thorough responses to
information requests from internal and external sources.
Support the Grants Management Coordinator in overseeing proposal
development processes, including drafting and producing high quality
concept notes and proposals and coordinating with all business areas.
• Support the Grants Management Coordinator and Country Director
with the development of programme strategy and/or drafting of position
papers and other related initiatives leveraging evidence from
• Support the Grants Management Coordinator in ensuring sound project cycle management across the country portfolio.
• Serve as main gatekeeper of high-quality reporting and
communication activities for all portfolios, drafting original content
and providing strategic guidance on positioning and messaging of all
reporting and communications materials.
• Support the process of needs assessment data collection.
• Serve as main gatekeeper of donor compliance for all portfolios,
providing operational guidance to programme teams based on donors’ rules
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
• Serve as focal point on Partnerships, acting as the focal point
for the partners as needed through the vetting process and project
• Support the development of strategic partnerships and partner mapping.
• Lead the maintenance of a partnership tracking database for the mission.
• Support partners to develop proposals for DRC programmatic and related activities
• Proposes tools to improve long-term partnership management.
Ensures that the capacity building plan is carried out according to the
• Ensure that the partnership steps (vetting,
contracting, support) are carried out according to DRC procedures and
donors regulations. Ensures throughout the project that the commitments
of both parties (DRC and partners) are carried out in accordance with
the terms of the signed contracts (e.g., requests for funds,
justification of expenditures, production and sharing of reports, etc.)
• Support the MEAL Team in the analysis and reporting of findings
• Support the MEAL Team in developing sector-specific data
collection tools and ensure their proper use by implementing teams.
• Conduct data collection activities if necessary.
• Work closely with programme MEAL staff to ensure best practice monitoring and reporting of programme activities.
• Lead initiative to identify, research, write, and report on key
sector success stories for internal and external audiences, packaging
stories that center on evidence to further illustrate impact of the
• Increase visibility and ensure leadership
positioning through developing strategic communication materials, such
as sector profiles, impact reports, programme briefings and other
• Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern
• Perform any other relevant tasks as requested by Line Manager (Grants Management Coordinator)
• At least 3 years of professional experience with an international development organization.
• Familiarity with UN, US and EU donors with special attention to reporting requirements.
• Ability to represent DRC to international donors, government officials, local groups and community members.
• University degree in international relations, project management,
business administration, or equivalent professional qualification
• Excellent English written and spoken is essential
• Knowledge of local language and of French would be appreciated
• Project Managers
• MEAL Team
Basic Advanced Expert
Striving for excellence ☐ ☒ ☐
Collaborating ☐ ☒ ☐
Taking the lead ☐ ☒ ☐
Communicating ☐ ☒ ☐
Demonstrating integrity ☐ ☒ ☐
Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
•Basic: I master the essentials, but may at times need help from others
•Advanced: I can work independently at full professional level.
•Expert: I am the go-to person when others need help.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
Providing equal opportunities
are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment
based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered
for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity,
nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital
status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and
appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique
skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested
candidates to apply.
Promoting high standards
capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s
and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to
uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional
conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including
safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC
conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the
Deadline 13 September 2022.