Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
With the rapidly changing business scenario and cut-throat competition, innovation has become the only way to survive and make our presence felt in the marketplace. For ABT, this could mean constantly experimenting with new ideas, creating dynamic products, and offering exceptional services hence why we decided to launch our own internal innovation lab.
Innovation lab principle is speed of execution i.e., being capable of transforming ideas to prototypes more quickly, in cost-efficient manner while leveraging in our own internal capabilities.
Software developer will be a valuable resource in transforming these ideas to practical solutions in the manner which we have designed
Main accountabilities and approximate time split
Time Split: 25%
- Translate business requirements into detailed systems requirements which includes capabilities, interface and functionalities within and across technologies
- Proactively learn & Leverage knowledge on the organization’s technical landscape
- Leverage business analysis tools and standard to diagrammatically/visually document business requirements and business processes
- Investigate new technologies
Accountability: Solution design
Time split: 55%
- Research, design and write new software programs
- Integrate existing software products and get incompatible platforms to work together
- Liaising with colleagues to implement technical designs
- Define & Validate quality & testing new developed software parameters
- Enhancing applications by identifying opportunities for improvement, making recommendations, and designing and implementing system
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code
Accountability: System monitoring & maintenance
Time split: 10%
Maintain systems by monitoring and correcting software defects
Risk and Controls Objectives
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Absa Operational Risk Framework and internal Absa Policies and Standards
Accountability: Governance, Risk & Controls
Time Split: 10%
- Manage risk and control effectively by applying applicable risk frameworks and embedding a positive risk culture
- Understanding of own role in the end to end processes in which you play a part, including applicable risks and controls.
- Adhere to Absa’s policies and procedures applicable to own role, demonstrating sound judgement and responsible risk management.
- Report all risk events / incidents / issues using the defined process for your business area and help to understand why these happened and how to prevent them in future.
- Proactively look for ways to improve the control environment by considering what could go wrong in the processes you operate and how errors could be prevented.
- Continuous and proactive engagement with regulatory bodies, unions where applicable
- All mandatory training completed to deadline
- Higher Certificates and Advanced National (Vocational) Certificates: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)