AJIRA MPYA TANZANIA 2021 | NAFASI MPYA ZA KAZI 2021
ABT Associates Jobs 2021
Job Opportunity At ABT Associates, Ajira Mpya Tanzania ABT Associates,
Nafasi Za Kazi ABT Associates, Jobs Tanzania Abt Associates
Deputy Chief of Party – Technical – Tanzania Horticulture
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of
Job Identification 100868
Job Category Program Delivery
Locations Abt Associates, Dar es Salaam, TZ
Posting Date 10/18/2021, 10:20 AM
Apply Before 11/30/2021, 10:20 AM
Job Schedule Full time
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program
implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy,
and international development. Known for its rigorous approach to
solving complex challenges, Abt Associates is among the top global
research firms and international development innovators. The company has
multiple offices in the U.S. and program offices in nearly 40
countries, including Tanzania.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) –
Technical will provide strategic leadership, management, and technical
direction in horticulture market systems strengthening and will support
the project team, and counterparts in the implementation of activities.
The DCOP will provide managerial and technical support to the Chief of
Party (COP), assisting in areas including work planning, performance
management, engagement with local counterparts, and strategic
communications. He/she will provide strategic leadership and direction
so that program components are results-oriented, deliverables are high
quality, and reporting is relevant and timely leading to the achievement
of program goals. The position is contingent upon contract award to Abt
Duties and Responsibilities
managerial and operational support to the COP, assisting in areas
including work planning, performance management, continuous learning,
and strategic communications. This includes working closely with Abt’s
home office, COP and project leads to develop work plans and monitor
- Provide substantive involvement regarding
development of technical management and oversight for the accomplishment
of the objectives of the activity including the supervision of project
- Support reporting, update and implementation
of the technical strategies, identifying technical assistance needs, and
mobilizing required technical resources and staff. Responsible for
harmonizing the objectives of the activity specifically ensuring
effective complementary and efficient implementation.
- Leads and
oversees all technical assistance, including those delivered by
subcontractors and grantees, across the Horticulture Activity’s priority
- Contributes to the development of the Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP)
a culture of learning and adaptive management by contributing to data
analysis and applying key learnings from knowledge generated to adapt
program activities as appropriate.
- Together with the COP,
serves as a senior manager to ensure activities are in compliance with
USAID rules and regulations and activities meet program targets.
the technical team composed of market linkage, productivity, technology
commercialization, policy and enabling environment, and risk and
- Works closely and maintain positive
relationship with USAID officials, implementing partners, regional
organizations and other stakeholders in support of activity goals.
- Provides guidance and training to managers and staff to achieve activity objectives and intermediate results.
years of relevant professional experience with a Masters Degree, or
8-10 years with a Doctorate in a related subject area such as public
health, economics, health finance, or something similar.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in advancing horticulture market systems strengthening.
- At least 3 years of management experience over professional teams
- Proven experience working in leadership roles on international development projects funded by USAID
written and oral communications skills. Must be adept at writing and
editing quarterly and annual reports for donor, internal, and external
- Strong relationship management skills,
with demonstrated experience successfully managing relationships with
donors and other internal and external program stakeholders and
- Demonstrated ability to implement successful performance management systems.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to work with minimum of direction and supervision.
- Strong management and planning skills of activity tasks and budgets.
- Demonstrated team building and team management leading to high quality work in a timely, cost effective manner.
- Excellent writing skills required.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal communication, and computer skills.
- Verbal and written fluency in English is required.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer
committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides
market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local
candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
Apply Before 11/30/2021, 02:48 PM