JOB TITLE: JOB ADVERT- Procurement Officer and Tender Specialist (Immediately)
JOB LOCATION: Dar Es Salaam Tanzania
Company Name: Caliber First Group Limited (CFGL)
Caliber First Group Limited (CFGL) seeks a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized tender specialist to oversee and ensure contract compliance for procurement and supplier contracts. Responsibilities include: Monitoring the tender submission process for formatting, completeness, consistency, and compliance. Assists in the management of data related to the tendering process.
- Review, analysis and preparation of Tenders, Proposals and Pre-qualification responses, including but not limited to the technical, commercial and contractual aspects of these documents. Collection of all documents to be included in the offer, such as pre-qualification documentation, Technical & Operational documentation, Pricing, Commercial & Legal exceptions, Certification, Bank Guarantees & Bonds, etc.
- Distributing tender packages across the relevant teams and establishing specific tasks per team, ensuring their collection within required deadlines.
- Manage all aspects of bid preparation efforts in accordance with various Clients’ Tender Procedures.
- Work with the Procurement Team and Sales Team to facilitate deal and risk reviews to avoid unknown, un-quantified risks during the bid preparation phases.
- Develop a strong understanding of the nature of works along with project and tender requirements and preparation of compliance statements
- Develop strong working partnerships with other functions (HODs, Procurement, Sales, Finance, Logistics, etc.) to enable effective communication, on-time responses, improved information flow to help shape winning and profitable bids.
- Monitors the tender submission process for formatting, completeness, consistency, and compliance
- Preparations of technical proposals for a range of items by coordinating with Tender Committee Team.
- To act as the company’s internal contact point for the customer during the enquiry and bidding processes
- To handle incoming tenders and by keeping a prioritized listing of outstanding tasks, and analysis of tender requirements
- To respond to the tender participant’s (technical based) questions requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- To clarify subsequent documents and to prepare detailed tender documentations in a timely manner to execute awarded tender the contract
- Preparation Request for Proposals and Obtaining Price Offers from International Vendors during Tender Process as per Drawings and Specifications
- Investigates potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements
- Analyzes and resolves any of a wide variety of problems encountered through coordination with Internal team and Client representatives.
- Provides guidelines, explains and interprets requirements as well as planning required training to subordinates.
Qualifications and experience:
- Must have a bachelor degree in Procurement or equivalent
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a procurement officer or related position
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Understanding of contract terminology, competitive bids, purchase orders, and vendor relationship management
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficientl
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Ability to work well with a team
- Meeting Deadlines
- Able to work and thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications must include:
1. Curriculum vitae/resume.
2. Name and contact details (phone and email) of three referees.
Send your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due date is 10th September 2021 at 03:30 pm.