|Girl Effect Tanzania|
Jobs in Tanzania 2021: New Job Vacancies at Girl Effect Tanzania 2021
💥CHECK UPDATES ZOTE ZA UDAHILI WA VYUO 2021/22. CLICK HERE!💥
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Who we are
Girl Effect is an international non-profit that builds media that girls want, trust and need.
chat-bots to chat-shows and TV dramas to tech, our content is reaching
millions of girls in Africa and Asia to make choices and changes in
their lives. Igniting their confidence to act differently at a time that
can define their future.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
create safe spaces for girls, sharing facts, and answering questions
about health, nutrition, education, relationships and so much more. And
we use innovative technology so we can reach girls at scale. We arm
girls with the skills to negotiate and redefine what they are told is
possible, so every girl can choose to be in control of her body, her
health, her learning and livelihood.
When a girl unlocks her
power to make different choices that change her life, it inspires others
to do so too. She starts a ripple effect that impacts her family, her
community, her country. That’s the Girl Effect.
Context of the role
In partnership with the Vodafone Foundation, Girl Effect launched the
Tujibebe brand delivering social behavioural change communications
(SBCC) for adolescent girls in Tanzania. Our aim is to motivate and
equip adolescent girls to adopt and maintain new behaviours that will
improve their mental wellbeing, sexual and reproductive health and
We are looking for an ambitious and
innovative SBC expert to join our team. You will have significant
knowledge, skills and experience in applying social behavioural change
techniques and best practice to programmes tackling gender
discrimination experienced by adolescent girls.
In this role
you will provide leadership to the design and implementation of our SBC
programming in Tanzania, as well as collaborate with global SBC and
Gender colleagues to develop tools, training and policies to strengthen
Girl Effect’s capacity to deliver sustained change amongst adolescent
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
What you will do
SBC technical support to deliver SBCC programmes on health and economic
empowerment. Including but not limited to supporting research, setting
programme objectives & behavioural change pathways, developing &
pre-testing content and inputting into M&E frameworks
- Support the development of Tujibebe’s on/offline Girl Networks and Clubs model, ensuring this is grounded in SBC best practice.
- Work closely with the Programmes and Development (fundraising) teams giving SBC technical advice to proposal development
- Contribute to donor reporting and impact story development as required
up to date with trends on social behavioural change, girls’ rights and
gender equality across Tanzania, and use this knowledge to advise and
inform programme design and implementation
training on gender-transformative approaches and with the support of
the Global Gender team apply this to Tujiebe’s programming.
the delivery of Girl Effect’s SBC mainstreaming and internal learning
agenda, including but not limited to newsletters and lunchtime
- Work alongside the Global SBC team to design and
deliver training to capacity build staff and partners, supporting
colleagues to understand critical issues adolescent girls face and SBC
can be applied to their work.
- Support the Global SBC team to develop tools, guidance and policies as required.
- Participate in monthly meetings, contributing to discussions on lessons learnt, programme challenges and best practice.
Who you are
- Have a commitment to gender equality and an understanding of the specific issues faced by adolescent girls
- Experience in applying SBC to programmes promoting gender equality
in designing and delivering sexual reproductive health and/or economic
empowerment social behavioural change programming
- Theoretical background in or understanding of behavioural science
- Experience in conducting and applying research to support practical outcomes
- Accuracy and attention to detail, even when working under pressure
- Comfortable taking direction and working without close supervision
- Strong communication, writing and organisational skills
- Ability to remain flexible and find solutions to challenges
- Positive, energetic, can-do attitude
- A creative and inquisitive mindset
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
What else you should know
we continue to scale and grow – we are hugely ambitious for our future
and we are looking for people who are driven to change the world for
Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit
and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to
Gender and Insight). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will
challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective. In turn, you
can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed
in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with
talented, engaged people committed to our cause.
Girl Effect is
committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color,
ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We
are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed
to building an organization that is increasingly representative of the
communities that we serve. To this end, due regard will be paid to
recruiting candidates with diverse professional, academic and cultural
This role is being recruited on a 12 month fixed term contract basis
This role is subject to an enhanced background disclosure
Closing date for applications: 5th September 2021