M-Pesa Electronic Payments Admin
Joining Vodacom is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
To own the Merchant payment products operations, support and ensure effective performance of Merchant products and services
- To administer merchant department daily operations
- To achieve agreed growth KPI’s for merchant portfolio in line with the M-Pesa Merchant Payments business plan.
- Responsible for driving the merchant payments recruitments and retention initiatives
- Ensure there is effective inter-departmental synergies so that customers are served well
- Work side by side with the support team and drive an effective retention strategy
- Liaising with regional heads to scope the size of the market in the regions and determine the required resources or workforce
- Liaising with merchant distribution channel in the regions for operational matters and determining the required resources
- Ensure merchants are on-boarded and training is done so merchants are clear on how support and products work
- Open new business opportunities by networking within existing customer base and targeted accounts delivering agreed net new business revenues
- Develop sound business relationships with key merchant segments, representing the company as a professional, quality organization, in order to maximize awareness and use of our service
- Work with product team and ensure solutions are customised to meet customers’ requirements
- Supervise a team of relationship managers and ensure that they each meet their individual allocated target and the target for the group is also achieved
- Have monthly performance review meeting with Aggregators to monitor and track performance and retention initiatives
- Act as an escalation point for any customer facing issues that the team can’t manage
- Work with Segment manager to design initiatives, schemes, target setting and push activities for team
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE;
- 5 years’ relevant experience in M-Commerce environment, having being exposed to all disciplines.
- Relevant post graduate diploma or degree, commercial focus preferred
- Management experience will be added advantage
- Swahili & English (fluent)
- Operational Management – experience with management of large teams achieving deadlines
- Partner Management – delivery of results through partners and SLA’s
- Customer focused – passionate about delivery of results to internal and external customers
- Commercially astute – solid understanding of market, competitor, & customer
- Process and Control Oriented – solid understanding of key cross-functional processes touching M-Commerce; able to play an efficient role; able to spot optimization and risk management opportunities
- Strong Analytical skills – able to assess reports, identify issues, root cause, and recommend solutions, expert spread sheet skills a distinct advantage.
- Presentation and communication skills – superior, both written and oral. Experience in report writing an advantage, expert word processor, Excel and PowerPoint skills a distinct advantage
- Dynamic Prioritisation and Multi Tasking
- Business Partnering
- Requirements Analysis
- Change and Adaptability
- Data Driven Decision Making
- Complexity Management
- Expert Communication
- Drives Continuous Improvement
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.