CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Mara , Tanzania | Posted on 06/09/2021
Discipline : Mine Water Desalination
Purpose of the job
To oversee all plant functions and ensure that the plant sustainably meets the design capacity and produces the desired water quality in a safe way. Provide leadership to all site departments, ensuring they effectively take care of the plant asset as if their own.
- Risk management Monitor safety, equipment, production and quality risk at all times and report any significant change in risk.
- Plant production Maintain plant at its design capacity and quality specificationEnsure the long-term health and sustainability of plant and equipment.
- Record keeping Ensure all daily production information and statistics are recorded and submitted as daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Daily Plant Operation To oversee, manage and direct the activities of the plant operating and process teams.Ensure a comprehensive monthly report on the performance of the plant is generated.
- Plant maintenance Ensure the maintenance teams conduct routine and preventative maintenance and attend to equipment breakdowns timeously and all in line with best industry practise. Review the maintenance statistics and provide corrective actions.Ensure a monthly report on the key performance indicators is supplied.
- Sampling Ensure the necessary samples are taken in accordance with the prescribed procedures and at prescribed intervals.
- Analyis Ensure all relevant site and external analyses are conducted and the results recorded and stored.
- Chemical Dosing and Make-up Ensure that stock levels are maintained and that chemical make-up and dose rates are being correctly applied.
- Reporting Daily reporting to General Manager on all aspects of the plant.As soon as possible, report any contractual deviations. Prepare monthly reports pertaining to all aspects of the plant.
- Safety, Health & Environment Ensure all client and company policies and procedures are adhered to at all times and that all required recordsare in place and up to date. Ensure the site builds a risk management culture across the board
- Training / Mentoring Ensure site standard operating procedures are developed and reviewed frequently. Train all staff on plant related procedures and instructions. Ensure regular Planned Task Observations are performed on staff.
- Performance management Ensure company disciplinary codes are being enforced and conduct related disciplinary activities.
- Client Management Maintain good client relations. Respond timeously to Client requests and production downtime.
- House Keeping Ensure that good housekeeping practices on the plant are always maintained at a high level.
Diploma in Chemical Engineering or similar related qualification.
Degree or Diploma in Water Treatment/ Chemical Engineering
- 2 years as a Water Plant Manager and/or
- 3 years as a Plant Supervisor on mine water desalination plants.
- Track record of being able to manage a team of people on shift and office staff, as well as maintenance teams.
- Track record of operating mine water desalination plants.
- Plant Reporting experience.
- Client management experience.
- Acting as Regional Manager.
- Operating experience on mine water, water purification and wastewater treatment plants