Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New Job Opportunities at Ubongo Kids 2023
Operations · Dar es Salaam, Dar es Salaam
is Africa’s leading producer of kids’ edutainment. As a non-profit
social enterprise, we create fun, localized, and multi-platform
educational content that helps kids learn, and leverage their learning
to change their lives. Ubongo reaches over 27 million kids across Africa
through accessible technologies like TV, radio, and mobile phones. Our
show’s Ubongo Kids and Akili and Me currently air in 23 countries across Africa in 9 languages and counting.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | ZIPO ZA NECTA NA MOCK 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
We are looking for a project manager for full multi-year USAID sub-contract Jifunze Uelewe
- Leading project and budget management, work-plan, reporting and compliance for a full multi-year USAID sub-contract
Ubongo’s relationship and coordination with consortium partners for
initiative delivery, and acting as the key point of contact for all
Jifunze Uelewe related issues.
- Representing Ubongo in all partnership meetings under the JU consortium
Internal: Overseeing and coordinating all aspects of Ubongo’s participation in the Jifunze Uelewe initiative. Such as:
- Managing the budget
- Managing internal coordination and check in meetings
- Keeping track and making all aware of timelines and deadlines
- Helping to mitigate any delays/obstacles that arise
- Coordinating across the full Ubongo team to deliver on the commitments for the sub-contract
Administrative and Compliance in line with USAID and grant specific requirements:
- Ensuring all timesheets are submitted on time and continuous auditing of the time tracking
- Managing all procurement budgeted in the project
closely with our Grants Manager on compliance, budget management,
reporting and administration. Ensuring that all Ubongoers are kept up to
date on initiative status, and contributing throughout!
- Already managed a former long term USAID funded project or contract
experience working in consortium for development projects Ready and
able to take on all the challenges listed above (and many more, down the
line) as we scale!
- This probably means you’ll have a
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree and at least 6 years experience in NGO
project management. But we’re more interested in your ability to get the
job done than your qualifications.
- Extremely organized and process oriented.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills, and including budget management and excel skills
to GET THINGS DONE. You will be a team of one reporting to the head of
department, often problem solving for issues we’ve never faced before,
and coordinating large groups of disparate teams and partners to get
- A strong written and verbal communicator.
- A self-motivated and independent worker who can work remotely and also coordinate between remote teams in disparate places.
- Comfortable using and managing technology and cloud based software to coordinate between remote teams.
- A super troubleshooter!
- Good at dealing with ambiguity and able to figure things out for yourself.
- Willing to speak up for what’s right, when you see wrong, or when you think there might be a better way.
who loves kids. They’re why we do what we do. They’re running around
our office all the time. Our kids’ music and videos will become part of
your life (and constantly stuck in your head)
You made it through that. The good thing is that there are also perks,
like a delicious healthy lunch at the office, health insurance, pension
payments of up to 10% (matching the value of your individual
contributions), 28 working days of paid annual leave (in addition to the
public holidays) and you get to watch cartoons at work.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
note that only online applications will be considered. Those who come
directly to the office with a CV or who email their CV to us will simply
be directed to apply online.
So please save yourself time and effort by simply sticking to online applications. THANKS!