|Muhimbili National Hospital (MNH)|
New Government Jobs Vacancies at Muhimbili National Hospital (MNH) 2023
Muhimbili National Hospital (MNH) is a tertiary Specialised and Super
Specialist Hospital in Tanzania with bed capacity of 2,178 out of which
1,570 beds are at the Main Upanga Hospital and 608 beds are at the
Mloganzila facility which is 30 km away from the main Hospital. The
Hospital serves between 2,000-3,000 Outpatients and 1,500 – 2,000
Inpatients per day.
MNH aims to achieve the highest
standard of care for people living with Haemophilia and other bleeding
disorders in Tanzania.
In order to achieve its objective the Hospital is looking for a
competent and experienced person to fill the jobs position below…..
The Hospital is looking for a competent and experienced person to fill
the position below for 3 years contract (renewable on mutual agreement)
Economist/Health Economist (1 Post)
Duties and Responsibilities
Economist/Health Economist shall be stationed in the Strategy and
Business Development Section and shall perform the following duties and
- Planning, budgeting and Investment
- Collect economic statistics and information for development of Hospital economic policy
- Writing of Economic/lnvestment and Grant Proposals
- Design and execute research studies on economic matters to identify and explore available economic opportunities
research programs on implementation of Hospital economic policies that
guide effective use of economic information and resources.
- Evaluate and establish priorities on Hospital investment in areas of production, infrastructure and business development
identify market access opportunities for the Hospital through effective
planning and development of financially sound business proposals
- Effectively allocate and deploy resources including people, activities, projects and investment
- Consulting experts’ in economics on the efficacy of policies, products and services provided by the hospital
and present reports on economics activities of the Hospital and
Communicating data in the form of presentations, technical reports, and
- Studying the economic impact of laws and regulations and advising Management on businesses and economic decisions.
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by his/her supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of Bachelor Degree in Economics/Health Economics with Minimum of at least 3 years of working experience
of a master’s degree in Economics/Health Economics will be an added
advantage 1:3 Experience and SkillsHe/she should come with at least
three years of working experience in economic activities.
- Working experience in Health economics will be an added advantage
- Good understanding of the subject of economics and international relations
- Good understanding of Planning and Budgeting
- Right balance of mathematical and analytical aptitude to comprehend the economic aspects thoroughly
- Abreast with the national economic policies and its impact on the organization sector
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong orientation to team work
- Ability to handle pressure, complex situations and problem-solving capacity
- Ability to think analytically and strategically
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Attractive package in accordance with Hospital salary structure.
MODE OF APPLICATION
signed application letter with certified copies of academic
certificates and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three referees
with reliable contacts, postal address, e-mail, and mobile numbers
should be addressed to:
Muhimbili National Hospital,
P.O. Box 65000,
Dar Es Salaam.
Via the following email address: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 15th February, 2023.