|Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)|
in Tanzania 2023: New Job Vacancies at Norwegian
Refugee Council (NRC) 2023
WASH Technical Assistant Electromechanics Tanzania Nyarugusu _ Tanzania Nationals Only.
Kasulu, Tanzania, United Republic of
Job Title: WASH TECHNICAL Assistant- Electromechanics (1 position)
Reporting to: WASH Officer Electromechanics
Supervision of : incentive staff
Duty Station: Nyarugusu/Kasulu/Kigoma
Duration and type of contract: 12 months with possibility of extension subject to funding availability
NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the
organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and
accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Job Purpose Summary
purpose of the position is to ensure effective planning and quality
implementation of the water supply activities in Nyarugusu Camp. The
WASH TA-Electromechanics will participate in preparation of regular
accurate reports on the boreholes yields, daily production, fuel
consumption and running hours of the gensets.
- Making periodic inspection of the pumping System at water sources for safe and efficient operation.
- To support WASH officer in Design, install, inspect, maintain, and repair solar panel systems.
Assists with repair and installation of electrical and electronic
systems, which includes testing and maintaining electric motors
all electro-mechanical work needed to connect solar system to electric
grid. This includes proper grounding systems, controls, and all
- Assist in conducting regular assessments and
give recommendations for rehabilitations of the solar systems,
boreholes, and submersible pumps
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, update and repair malfunctioning plant equipment (Generators, pumps etc.)
- Installation of new generators and retrieval of the old and defective ones ensuring they are well wired and operational
- To prepare monthly unit reports on jobs and conditions of all the relevant electromechanical systems.
designs and BoQ for the power grid and mechanical works for the
borehole and water production sites and NRC compounds in Nyarugusu Camp
- To assist in supervision of the contractors doing upgrade or installations of the power grids in NRC compounds.
- Advise and recommend the power requirement for electrical gadgets.
with borehole attendants and team leader, maintain cleanliness and
safety of the generator sets, submersible and booster pumps and stations
keep records of all the repairs those have been done in the field and
in the workshop as well the running hours of the gensets to ensure
- To oversee strict daily borehole running and
operation and being the custodian of gen-set keys and ensure correct
amount of fuel is dispensed to the borehole and compound generator sets.
- To keep records on all the spares which have been used in the workshop and in the field.
- To prepare monthly reports on conditions of all the relevant system.
- To participate in recruitment of boreholes attendants and operators and ensure they are well trained.
- On monthly basis record and report to WASH Officer-Sources the work done in the field.
- Collaborate with other agencies staff in the field e.g., UNHCR etc during inter agencies meetings and field discussions.
- Any other assignment as may be required by WASH Officer
and ensure all electrical works are well maintained. Servicing and
preventive maintenance on all the boreholes and compound gensets.
- Major overhaul of gensets upon breakdowns and during hourly schedule.
- Respond to breakdowns and do repairs of the gensets in the field.
- Ensure cleanliness is maintained and safety of the gensets and Solar panel in the field.
- Maintenance of workshop cleanliness and safety and ensure proper arrangement of the equipment and plants in the workshop.
- Repair and maintenance of the standby plants and equipment in the workshop.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Relevant degree qualifications in Solar/Electrical/electromechanical engineering preferable.
- Ability to initiate, develop, plan, and implement an integrated programme.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information
- Experience in capacity building and training of staff and target groups
- Political and cultural awareness and experience of working where insecurity is a major issue
to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and
multi-cultural environment and manage conflicting priorities.
- Proficiency in use basic computer software such as MS Project, Excel, Word, Power point,
- AutoCAD, and electrical modelling software.
practical experience in the planning and execution of WASH Programmes
of at least 3 years the management of generators, Solar installations,
installation of pumps and accessories. Ability to maintain and service
generators, pumps is an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills & Personal Attributes
- Ability to initiate, develop, plan, and implement an integrated programme.
communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to
explain and present technical information Experience in capacity
building and training of staff and target groups
- Political and
cultural awareness and experience of working where insecurity is a major
issue Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking
and multi-cultural environment and manage conflicting priorities.
- Understanding of international health and development and relief issues
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of disadvantaged populations (minority groups etc.)
- Demonstrated experience of integrating gender and diversity issues into WASH Programming.
- Contacts WASH Project Officers
- WASH Project staff
- Logistics staff.
- Procurement Staff
- HR staff
- Contacts Implementing partners
- Other agencies
- Local authority.
- Local community
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
This position is open to all Tanzania Nationals. ”Female candidates are encouraged to apply”
Salary: Based on NRC grading
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian
organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across
more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance
to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee,
advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise,
helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for,
respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal
Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting
on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions,
Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health,
safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have
procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to
take away all risks.
About the Team
NORCAP solves key challenges in the humanitarian, development and
peacebuilding sectors, in order to better protect vulnerable people’s
lives and rights. We build partnerships and projects with national and
international organisations and stakeholders. Skilled NORCAP experts
contribute to developing partners’ capacity – to identify and address
challenges, improve collaboration and encourage new and innovative
approaches. NORCAP is part of the Norwegian Refugee Council.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Job Identification 9236
Job Category Engineering
Posting Date 01/09/2023, 05:35 PM
Apply Before 01/23/2023, 05:35 PM
Degree Level Bachelor’s Degree
Job Schedule Full time