|BBC Media Action Tanzania|
Jobs in Tanzania 2022: New Job Vacancies at BBC Media Action Tanzania, 2022
BBC Media Action Tanzania Jobs, 2022
Job title: Mentor/producer-presenter
Reports to: Senior mentor/trainer
Duration: 12 months (with possible extension)
The right to live and work in Tanzania. Fluent in English and Swahili
with ability to write reports and scripts in these languages. The post
holder will be required to spend at least 60% of their time in the
field, working with radio producers at partner stations throughout
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
BBC Media Action:
Media Action is the BBC’s international development organisation,
working in more than 20 countries and reaching more than 100 million
people a year. We support independent media and share trusted
information that protects health, bridges divides, challenges prejudice,
and saves and changes lives. We follow the editorial standards and
values of the BBC, but we rely on donor funding to carry out our work.
To find out more, please see bbcmediaaction.org.
are looking for two mentor/producer-presenters to work on a radio show
(potentially nationally broadcast), and to deliver in-depth radio
production mentoring to staff at several radio partner stations
throughout the country. The training and ongoing support to partner
stations aims to build their staff capacity to produce varied,
high-quality and editorially robust radio programmes.
successful candidates will work closely with the senior mentor to create
radio outputs that reach the highest editorial and professional
standards in line with BBC editorial policy and production guidelines.
The successful candidates will also work with the senior trainer mentor
and partnerships development manager to develop training plans that meet
the needs of radio producers in line with a range of project
objectives, and with the overall goal of improving the quality and
capacity of the media sector in Tanzania especially on issues around
governance, gender and climate change.
The post holder will be
required to spend at least 60% of their time in the field, working with
radio producers at partner stations throughout Tanzania.
develop and deliver the partner training and capacity-building elements
of BBC Media Action’s Responsible Parenting and Family Care project
(RPFC) to reach the highest standards in terms of quality,
effectiveness, impact and relevance, meeting objectives clearly defined
in the project proposal.
- To be the voice of a potential national
radio show, presenting the programme in an engaging style that appeals
to existing audiences and attracts new listeners.
- Planning, scripting, producing and editing programme items and full editions of the programme.
work with the senior trainer mentor and partnerships development
manager to design a formal and on the job production guide for partner
radios and to independently deliver these trainings to radio producers
at assigned partner stations. This document will guide the entire period
of mentorship and serve as a frame of reference for evaluating the
- To deliver a series of training workshops and events, using agreed training guide.
deliver one-to-one mentoring to young reporters and journalists at
assigned partner organisations. The trainer/mentor will provide
constructive feedback at the end of each assignment.
- To work closely with senior producers and project team to develop topics and create its work plan ready for production.
- To plan, arrange and conduct field interviews for the national programme.
- To work closely with radio partner producers on all aspects of training and programme production to ensure maximum ownership.
- To ensure that findings from research and audience feedback are used to refine and improve projects outputs.
- To ensure all project activities meet BBC standards, as well as delivering the projects development objectives.
provide technical linkages between NGO experts and local radio partners
in development of radio products and manage relationships between both.
- Understand and comply with the Safeguarding Policy and the Staff Code of Conduct.
- Participate in relevant mandatory training on safeguarding and respect at work.
- Report any safeguarding concerns immediately, either to the Country Director, or using the Whistleblowing Policy
- Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned under the role.
Required skills, knowledge, and experience:
- A minimum qualification of Diploma in Journalism or Mass Communication.
- Fluent in Swahili with ability to deliver trainings and write reports.
- Good English language skills are an added advantage.
- Strong editorial judgment and substantial radio production experience within Tanzania is essential.
- Experience in training journalists is an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to work in teams.
- Strong understanding of and commitment towards BBC editorial values.
- Strong understanding of the role of media and communication in development.
Thanks for reading New Job Opportunity at BBC Media Action Tanzania – Mentor/Producer-Presenter