We are a diversified standalone
African financial services group, delivering an integrated set of
products and services across personal and business banking, corporate
and investment banking, wealth, investment management and insurance.
Group Limited is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest
diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries
across the continent and around 41 000 employees.
is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified
financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the
continent and around 41 000 employees.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | ZIPO ZA NECTA NA MOCK 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
own majority stakes in banks in Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius,
Mozambique, the Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania (ABSA Bank in
Tanzania and National Bank of Commerce), Uganda and Zambia. We also have
representative offices in Namibia and Nigeria, as well as insurance
operations in Botswana, Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania and
Relationship Manager – SME
Position: Relationship Manager – SME
job requisition id R-15937389
Location: Absa House – ABTBring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank
with regional and international expertise, a career with our family
offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to
reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your
future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your
potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
To manage and sustain a portfolio of High-end SME
customers, building long term relationships founded on efficient and
reliable support for their business. This is achieved particularly
through quick risk decisions and managing consistency and quality of
• The primary objective is to maximise risk-adjusted portfolio contribution.
The jobholder will be responsible for business development both with
new customers and with existing customers where they are expected to
increase “wallet share”.
manage and sustain a portfolio of High-end SME customers, building long
term relationships founded on efficient and reliable support for their
business. This is achieved particularly through quick risk decisions and
managing consistency and quality of operational service.The primary
objective is to maximise risk-adjusted portfolio contribution.
jobholder will be responsible for business development both with new
customers and with existing customers where they are expected to
increase “wallet share”.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Main accountabilities and approximate time split
Sales and Service: 65%
- Maintain Relationship Plans for all customers in the portfolio such that contact with customers is prioritized.
- Conduct annual and if appropriate, interim reviews of customers borrowing facilities
- Conduct annual and if appropriate, interim reviews with non-borrowing customers
the key messages, e.g. agreed service standards, and negotiated
pricing, relationship team contact points and new product changes,
deciding upon the most appropriate communication method.
- Deal with and find solutions to customer complaints
the products that are most effective in meeting customer’s needs and be
able to sell these at short notice both reactively and proactively.
- Research, create and follow up a target list for potential new business.
Business Management 30%
priority customers using the Customer Relationship Planning templates
to assess their present and potential contribution.
- Gather all
the required information that is needed to prepare and assess credit
applications. Role holder will be expected to input certain key
information such as judgemental information. (They will work with the
Credit Analyst or CCM resources to construct credit applications).
- Control and quality of the portfolio, using available triggers and adherence to Risk management guidelines and policies.
Staff Management 5%
- Day to day coaching and development of SME Bankers and Customer Retention officers
Risk and Controls Objectives
that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with
regulatory requirements, Absa Operational Risk Framework and internal
Absa Policies and Standards
Manage risk and control effectively by applying applicable risk frameworks and embedding a positive risk culture:
- Understanding of own role in the end-to-end processes in which you play a part, including applicable risks and controls.
- Adhere to Absa’s policies and procedures applicable to own role, demonstrating sound judgement and responsible risk management.
all risk events / incidents / issues using the defined process for your
business area and help to understand why these happened and how to
prevent them in future. Proactively look for ways to improve the control
environment by considering what could go wrong in the processes you
operate and how errors could be prevented.
- Continuous and proactive engagement with regulatory bodies, unions where applicableAll mandatory training completed to deadline
Technical skills / Competencies
- Relationship skills
- Credit Risk skills
- General Corporate skills
- Communications skills
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
- Meeting customers’ needs
- Business awareness
- Business development
- Decision making
- AdaptabilityManaging Relationships
- Team results
- Active listening
- Analysis and judgement
Values and Behaviours represent the set of standards which governs the
actions of all of us who work for the bank and against which the
performance of every one of us in Absa are being assessed and rewarded:
- I drive high performance to achieve sustainable results
- I’m obsessed with customer
- I have an African heartbeat
- I believe our people are our strengths
- National Diplomas and Advanced Certificates: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Deadline: 31 August, 2022.