Junior Administrative Specialist S4DA
an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development
with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für
Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government
in achieving its development-policy objectives.
GIZ is looking
to fill the position of Junior Administrative Specialist in the Sport
for Development in Africa regional project in Zanzibar.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Duty station: Stone Town, Zanzibar, with duty travels within the region required on demand basis Terms of the Contract: Fixed term contract.
Junior Administration Specialist’s key responsibilities will be to
support the GIZ Regional Project Sport for Development in Africa (Phase
Efficiently executing administrative processes within the projects according to the rules and regulations of GIZ
logistical support to the project implementation in Unguja and Pemba
according to the implementation of activities (workshops, seminars,
trainings, travels etc.)
Supporting in procurement of goods and services including the booking of flights and hotels
sure that financial and administrative regulations for GIZ are adhered
to ▪ Deputising and supporting the Administration Specialist in
The Junior Administration Specialist will perform the following tasks:
- Prepares and organizes information materials, such as for conferences and meetings
responsible for all administrative and logistic arrangements of project
activities (meetings, workshops, business trips etc.)
- Helps organize events and documents meetings, workshops, and seminars inside or outside the project
in creating visitor itineraries, makes travel arrangements, arranges
transportation for participants, and makes hotel and ticket reservations
- Creates and maintains an address file of key contact addresses
- Supports in management of inventory for the projects
with GIZ-Country Office for general administrative support (e.g.,
processes requests and inquiries for general services)
- Is responsible for the filing system management as per GIZ Standard
- Deputizes the Administration Specialist on a need by need basis
- Follow up and processing of utility bills for the project e.g. internet, telephone etc.
- Support technical team in preparing and organizing meetings, workshops, seminars, and events
- Ensures procurement of goods and services is done in line with GIZ guidelines and procedures
- Inventory management by ensuring all assets are labelled and updated in the asset register
in preparation of consultancy and service contracts as requested by the
projects in accordance to P&R and maintain the relevant files
and ensures that procurement procedures are adhered to and are
transparent, accountable, organized and meet GIZ requirements
- Coordinates the delivery goods as per the LPO and handles any discrepancies
and processes purchase orders, Local Service Orders and service
contracts. Also ensures purchase orders, receiving and invoices are
- Initiates procurement of services (Consulting
contracts, Local subsidy contracts, Grant Agreements) both at the
project level and the country office level
- Maintain and updates the complete filing system for all LPOs according to GIZ procedures both the physical files and on DMS.
- Assists in monitoring monthly expenditure & planning according to the budget
- First level receiving and checking invoices for processing
- Voucher preparation for payment ensuring completeness and materially correctness
- Ensure that invoices and vouchers are transferred to the cashier for payment
- Follow up of local Receivables/Payables/Cost/Income and communicate with supervisor.
- KOMP booking, coding and regular updates on onsite operations
- Handles petty cash and WINPACCS
4. Other duties/additional tasks
- Attends internal team meetings/workshops and writes minutes
- Drafts letters and general correspondences and memos in English and Kiswahili languages
- Capable of working with Excel-sheets and to translate texts into well-designed PowerPointpresentations
- Arranges appointments, updates contact lists
- Assists project activities and other tasks given by the regional manager, technical advisor, administration specialist
- Undertakes further job training related to his/her position and duties ▪ Gathers and disseminates relevant information.
- University degree in administration/accounting/office management or similar area.
▪ At least 3-5 years of professional working experience in a similar position, GIZ experience will be an added advantage.
working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax,
E-Mail, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Highly organized and able to multitask
- Very good knowledge of English and Kiswahili languages
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment and in Unguja or Pemba
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Assignment period: Contract duration 1st September 2022 until 30th June 2025
candidates are requested to send their letter of application together
with the CV and academic certificates by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the subject line ‘Junior Administrative Specialist’
Closing date for submission: 10.08.2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications
from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their gender,
origin, religion/belief, disability, or any other minority group.