Program Manager – Results Measurement
This is a key position aimed at ensuring that AMDT supports pro-poor market systems developments based on the selected portfolios(value chains).The position holder is responsible for coordination of various data which then informs the progress made on the interventions by implementing partners and stakeholders.The main role of the Program Manager – Results Measurement is to oversee the conceptualization of monitoring and results measurement designs and tools, tracking instruments, facilitate evaluation and evidence based analysis including learning from the performance of all AMDT interventions based on the DCED standards.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
Experience Level: Senior level
Experience Length: 10 years
- The Agriculture Markets Development Trust (AMDT) has been established by the Governments of Denmark, Ireland, Sweden and Switzerland in 2014 and the current Trustee is KPMG. The Trust has been established as a long term facility with the overall objective of increasing incomes and employment opportunities for poor women, men, and young people in Tanzania. With a strong pro-poor focus, the Trust works with the Private Sector, Government and Civil Society Organisations to promote the making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P)/Market Systems Development (MSD) approach that stimulates changes to market systems leading to broad and sustained impact on the lives of smallholder farmers as well as competitiveness of agricultural MSMEs. AMDT achieves this by investing, together with market actors, in interventions that are: (i) based on diagnosed constraints and pro-poor opportunities, (ii) are well coordinated to enhance the leveraging of investments and resources targeting similar outcomes, (iii) stimulate the development of inclusive, competitive, and resilient agricultural market systems, leading to sustained benefits and impacts for the productive poor.
In order to improve its ongoing interventions in the country, AMDT is now seeking qualified Tanzanian candidates to fill new vacant full-time positions. Brief descriptions and qualification requirements for the open positions are outlined below.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight to the MRM functions/unit of the Trust;
- Support and manage results-based planning, monitoring and measurement for all AMDT interventions, in alignment with the M4P approach and the processes and procedures of DCED as adopted by the Trust;
- Ensure that monitoring and results measurement are integrated at all levels and activities carried out on sub sector interventions that are supported by AMDT and its partners;
- Oversee the development of various monitoring tools and submit the same to the management for approval before rolling out;
- Support AMDT staff in the establishment of realistic intermediate and end-of-intervention outcome, impact targets, projections and ongoing analysis of progress;
- Ensure that both monitoring methodology and monitoring systems provide measurable evidence of results achieved from the planning through implementation and closure of these interventions;
- Provide a ‘quick alert’ to the Senior Management Team incase the reports/data from the partners indicate deviation from the agreed interventions, planned activities and outputs/intermediate outcomes;
- Ensure the quality of the services offered by the MRM function/unit and the delivery of the expected products in due time;
- Develop terms of references, oversee and provide guidance to consultants or other supporting staff within your domain;
- In collaboration with other AMDT staff and stakeholders, design, manage, supervise and/or run surveys and data collection, including those for AMDT beneficiaries at household level in order to provide baseline/mid term and endline information as well as evidence of outcomes and impacts;
- Ensure that in its practices, procedures and processes, AMDT meets the standards in MRM as expected of a Program of its size and complexity. This role will include ensuring compliance with and attaining of good MRM audit reports e.g. those following the DCED Results Measurement Standard audits;
- Produce technical notes and trends on achieved results, learned lessons and the measures to implement for increase impact of the portfolio interventions and value chains for AMDTEnsuring processes and procedures are in place for collecting, preparing and analysing quality and accurate information/data such as the data quality control protocols, procedures for data checking and verification, trouble shooting of data quality errors, data cleaning and information /data standardisin;
- Contribute to the preparation of periodic reports and work plans, and other publications of the Trust. This will include monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual reports;
- Participate in the preparation of the Trust’s Annual Business Plan/Operational Plan by ensuring that log frame indicators are properly linked to the proposed interventions;
- Provide quidance/training to AMDT team and partners on how to use the monitoring (data collection) tools and report formats;
- As required, supervise, mentor and manage a team of monitoring staff, associates or consultants and ensure that they are able to perform to the expected standards;
- Contribute to training of staff and selected stakeholders in data collection, analyses and storage, as well as development and proper handling of information and reports; and
- Perform other tasks relating to monitoring and result management as identified by Technical Director.
The successful candidate will need to possess the following competencies:
- Experience working on Market Development Programmes (preferably in agriculture) on developing results chains and impact projections;
- Strong technical skills in quantitative and qualitative MRM methods (including impact assessment) as applied to development programmes;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Computer Programming Languages;
- Good understanding of the logical framework approach, results-based measurement, project cycle management and other strategic planning approaches;
- Experience developing practical guidance and tools for effective monitoring and reporting;
- Experience of private sector development issues and M4P approach to development;
- Proficiency in working with statistical and qualitative databases such as STATA, SPSS etc;
- Previous MRM experience in Africa, preferably Tanzania;
- Knowledge of the DCED results measurement standards;
- Must demonstrate strong ability in working with diverse teams;
- Must be a self-directed, highly organized person who can effectively prioritize and follow through on multiple projects/ interventions;
- A creative problem solver who takes pride in producing quality work and is willing to learn new things;
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, excellent report writing, ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner, and organizational skills;
- Has to be of unquestionable integrity; and
- Interpersonal skills are essential.
- Degree in Statistics, Agricultural Economics, Business Administration, International Development or other related discipline. An advanced degree will be an advantage;
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Monitoring and Results Measurement, preferably in the Agriculture sector;
- At least 5 years of work experience in project or program cycle management;
- Experience of private sector development issues and M4P approach to development;
- Knowledge of the DCED results measurement standards.
To be considered for any position, an applicant must submit her/his CV (5 Pages Maximum), a capability statement letter that provides details of the applicant’s specific qualifications for the position (2 pages Maximum), and a copy of degree certificates only. All applications to be send to: firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received on 18th August 2020 not later than 16.00 hrs EA time.
In the subject line of the email, write the title of the position for which you are applying. Applications that do not follow these instructions, or that do not meet the stated minimum qualification requirements will not be considered. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interview. AMDT is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply.