in Tanzania 2023: New Job Opportunities United Nations at UNICEF, 2023
💥National Consultant for the Internet of Good Things( IoGT) ,Tanzania, 11 months 231 Days
Job no: 558428
Contract type: Consultant
Duty Station: Dar-es-Salaam
Location: United Republic of Tanzania
Categories: Social and Behavior Change
works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most
disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To
help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
And we never give up.
For every child, Happiness
To manage, maintain, market and advocate for the growth of the IoGT platform.
How can you make a difference?
The Internet of Good Things
aims to bridge the digital divide by providing localized and relevant
content through a mobile-ready website designed to work seamlessly both
on feature phones and smartphones.
IoGT is a platform that hosts
mobile-packaged content designed to make lifesaving and life-improving
information available for free, even on low-end devices. IoGT is also a
tool for two-way communication and engagement, offering a platform to
build and maintain a dialogue with key populations. Polls can also be
run to assess knowledge, attitudes, beliefs and perceptions of users on
key priorities for UNICEF.
On IoGT parents, caregivers,
young people and frontline workers can access quality information (e.g.,
content packages, Q&As), resources (e.g., storybooks for children,
radio lessons) and training opportunities (e.g., training modules for
frontline workers, skill building for youth). Users can also be referred
to access essential services when needed.
platform is extensively used to provide access to essential and
life-saving information, distance learning and skills building in
particular to women and girls, as well as access to protection, sexual
and reproductive health (SRH), HIV and mental health counselling.
Furthermore, the IoGT platform is used to engage frontline workers
through training and polls, and around vaccine acceptance and preventive
IoGT or as we now call it Mtandao wa Mambo Mazuri
(MMM) is innovating new ways for UNICEF and partners to effectively
expand reach and impact by enabling a digital environment where
adolescents and young people, even in hard-to-reach areas or with
limited digital capacity, can engage with each other and UNICEF about a
variety of issues related to SRH, MMH, MHPSS, Climate Change and all
other National Emergencies that may arise such as Ebola, Covid-19, etc.
The resources and trainings on the platform are intended to foster a
civic-minded, healthy youth in Tanzania
This consultancy is to
support the maintenance of the platform, facilitate the development of
new innovations through IoGT, development of content as per strategic
areas of focus to create public understanding, and last but not least
support national response plans -including social listening and
community feedback mechanisms.
Objectives, Description of the Scope and Expected results
the direct supervision of the SBC Manager, the consultant will: To
support maintenance and regular update of the content of IoGT in
- Develop and recommend innovative approaches of how
IoGT can be scaled-up as a resource for UNICEF programmes, national and
- Continuously maintain a two-way communication with various stakeholders and community members.
- Facilitate the development of various forms of content that will be used to raise awareness of various matters.
with U-Report and Skywalker focal teams to support social listening, as
well as the collection and dissemination of important information in
support of various programme agendas.
- Continue to build up a
content depository with human interest stories that could be used as
learnings at local, regional and global scale.
- Offer support to
partners with shared vision with UNICEF, and find new innovative ways to
increase visibility, reach and impact through local campaigns.
- As often as needed facilitate Human Centred Design workshops -with partners.
- Provide technical support to UNICEF, government bodies and other associates.
emergency response by adapting all risk communications into content
packs that can be distributed on the platform as well as on social
- Contribute to further strengthening regular evidence generation on behavioural drivers in support of various programme areas.
- Recommend innovative approaches of how the communications campaign can be optimized to bring about maximum impact.
- Develop a long-term sustainability plan for the platform and recommend best practices to ensure consistent growth.
- Deploy best practices in the field of storytelling, content production and technical presentation of communication materials.
with programme teams and regional office to share best practices and to
ensure IoGT’s purpose and application is embedded within programme
- Continuously adapt the IoGT monitoring and evaluation plan to local objectives and country operational Plan.
- Negotiate and facilitate ongoing resources for annual IoGT subscription fees, content development, translation, and promotion.
with CO Communication Officers and Programme Staff to ensure relevance
of IoGT for programme implementation, knowledge transfer and skills
- Work closely with in-country ICT, T4D &
Innovation team to ensure the smooth development and implementation of
the Cranky Uncle Project.
- Work closely with IoGT Global Team to
localize content/coordinate the localization of content
(language/translation) and improved user experiences.
closely with IoGT Global Team to coordinate the user
experience/acceptance testing-refinement cycles of the IoGT platform
- Adopt and implement principles of Digital Design and Human-Centered Design whenever possible.
in close collaboration with IoGT global team and TCO Communication
Officer to develop and implement IoGT promotion strategy and launch
plans ensuring that it meets IoGT guidelines.
- Establish and
maintain clear documentation on IoGT implementation and operations in
the country using corporate KM tools including leading on the
documentation of IoGT achievements through blogs and articles on
UNICEF/partners/national/international press websites.
Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
The consultant will ensure the timely attainment of the following deliverables:
- Develop a work-plan to maintain and scale-up IoGT among various stakeholders with clear key performance indicators.
promotional campaigns in collaboration with TCO programme sections to
increase awareness, reach and visibility for the platform to young
- Maintain and regularly update IoGT social media channels in alignment with CO promotional plans.
- Run media campaigns both online and offline to increase visibility, impact and reach.
- Facilitate and offer support for the development and deployment of Cranky Uncle at TCO level.
- Establish systems to ensure that information collected via IoGT is available to program staff.
- Monitor and evaluate the usage of IoGT, assessing drivers and constraints between high level and low-level users.
- Training and knowledge management across SBC.
- Weekly and monthly progress of the ongoing activities.
- Report regularly to Head of SBCC on the IoGT progress and coordination with partners.
- Report regularly to key TCO sections ESAR using bi-monthly and quarterly technical updates.
% of total
Deliverable January: Inception report and workplan
Deliverable February: IoGT campaign Plan
Deliverable March: Quarterly progress report
Deliverable April: Reviewed campaign content (online and offline)
Deliverable May: HCD training plan and implementation
Deliverable June: Quarterly progress report
Deliverable July: Cranky uncle adaptation report
Deliverable August: IoGT social media and outreach tracking
Deliverable September: Quarterly progress report
Deliverable October: IoGT systemic analysis inlcuding reach/impression/bouts
Deliverable November: Final Report
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have to demonstrate…
degree or equivalent in international development, marketing,
journalism, media related studies, communications or a related field.
least 5 years of experience at the national level in designing and
delivering communications, content and other tools that target young
people. Experience on IoGT is considered an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of the national media landscape, and existing ethical, legal and policy frameworks;
- Knowledge of and experience managing online tools that can be used to collect data and/or disseminate information.
- Experience with media buying and media monitoring tools, specifically in relation to children, youth empowerment;
- Experience in developing, planning and implementing social behavioural change communications in Tanzania context.
to lead creative teams and produce different forms of multi-media
content including but not limited to video, audio, graphics,
illustrations, animations and motion design.
- Previous experience in producing similar content for Development Agencies or NGO’s
- Previous experience working with UNICEF and/or other UN bodies.
of community-based channels of influence, community-based communication
and development, human-centred design methods.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2023 (1,475 POSTS)
Policy both parties should be aware
the consultancy agreements, a month is defined as 21 working days, and
fees are prorated accordingly. Consultants are not paid for weekends or
- Consultants are not entitled to payment of overtime. All remuneration must be within the contract agreement.
- No consultant may travel without a signed travel authorization prior to the commencement of the journey to the duty station.
- Consultants will not have supervisory responsibilities or authority on UNICEF budget.
will be required to sign the health statement for consultants prior to
taking up the assignment, and to document that they have appropriate
health insurance, including Medical Evacuation.
- The Form
‘Designation, change or revocation of beneficiary’ must be completed by
the consultant upon arrival, at the HR Section.
applicant should submit both technical and financial proposal which
clearly stipulate how the work will be conducted. The Financial Proposal
should include all costs of this assignment including fee, travel
costs, accommodation as UNICEF will not pay any DSA. ▪ Proposals will be
both technically and financially evaluated. The technical part will
carry a weight of 75%, in which the consultant will put clear his/her
technical approach to ensure quality attainment of each deliverable and
the consultancy in totality. The financial part will carry 25% showing
the proposed budget breakdown of consultancy cost for each deliverable
(fees, travels and accommodation) and eventual total consultancy cost.
Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and
Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get
acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1), Works Collaboratively with
others (1), Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1), Innovates and
Embraces Change (1), Thinks and Acts Strategically (1), Drive to achieve
impactful results (1), Manages ambiguity and complexity (1).
the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency
framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its
different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce,
and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality,
religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with
disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff
, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable
accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages
the use of flexible working arrangements.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the
aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual
exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and
discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding
principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these
standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference
and background checks. Background checks will include the verification
of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates
may be required to provide additional information to conduct a
UNICEF’s active commitment
towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results
for children. For this position, eligible and suitable candidate from
all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living
with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by
the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by
UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments are also subject to
inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2
(Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with
UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before
taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to
withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or
medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements
are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an
institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database
(WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities
(IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural
Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net
Priority will be given to all the eligible candidates participating in 2022 Mobility Exercise and Staff on Abolished post.
Advertised: 06 Jan 2023 E. Africa Standard Time
Deadline: 13 Jan 2023 E. Africa Standard Time