Dar es Salaam
RSM Eastern Africa
RSM is a powerful network of audit, tax and consulting experts with offices all over the world.
Eastern Africa is a member firm of the RSM network, a world leading
provider of audit, tax and consulting services to entrepreneurial
growth-focused organisations globally. The network has a combined staff
of over 51,000 with 860 offices across 123 countries and in each of the
top 40 major business centres.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Eastern Africa was founded in 2007 and has developed a powerful network
of offices across East Africa. The factor that links RSM member firms
is its Purpose – THE POWER OF BEING UNDERSTOOD which is rooted in RSM’s
unwavering focus on our principles of collaboration, understanding and
providing relevant insights and solutions by: gaining a deep
understanding of what matters to our clients; building a long• term
relationship through a client-centric focus; sharing insights of our
local and global experts; and design-thinking and co-creating solutions.
This client-centric approach ensures that we acquire a deep
understanding of our client needs, that empowers businesses to move
forward and realise their full potential.
RSM in East Africa
specialises in Audit & Assurance, Transaction Advisory, Tax
Services, Management Consulting, Risk Advisory, and Outsourcing. RSM
Eastern Africa’s clients range from growth-focused entrepreneurial
businesses through to leading multi-national organisations across many
sectors and operating nationally and across borders.
are looking for a tax advocate who will be responsible for handling tax
disputes, carrying out legal research, drafting tax legal opinions,
written submissions, assisting during hearings and giving legal updates.
The ideal candidate should have good knowledge of Tanzania tax laws,
tax trends and practices, and be eager to embrace the RSM culture and
embody our values in everything he/ she does.
- Degree in Law (LL.B) / Advocate
- Masters of Art in Revenue Law and Administration (optional)
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a similar position
- Experience in handling tax dispute resolution process at the Tax Revenue Appeals Board (TRAB) and Tax Revenue Tribunal (TRA T)
- Worked in a multicultural environment
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Core competence in tax
- Fluency in MS Office applications
- Fast learner and comfortable with new challeng
- Integrity and reliability
- A team player
- Strong analytical and financial understanding
- Good communication and social skill
- Commitment to complete tasks within the agreed timelines
- Fluency in English and excellent research and report writing skills
- Self-motivated and ability to take initiative
Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
abreast of changes in tax legislation including developments in global
and regional taxation, double tax agreements, transfer pricing and
related tax issues.
- Carrying out tasks, under the supervision of the team leader, which include:
the Tax Manager in providing tax opinions to clients in areas of direct
and indirect taxation including but not limited to income tax, transfer
pricing, value added tax, customs and excise.
- Handling tax audits and investigations, objections and appeals arising therefrom under the supervision of the Tax Manager.
tax dispute resolution process at the appellate bodies which includes
drafting statement of appeal, written submissions, rejoinders etc and
advise on concluding the dispute amicably and efficiently.
- Undertaking tax due diligence under the supervision of the Tax Manager.
- Adhering to the timeframe and reporting any delays to the Tax Manager immediately these are expected to arise.
- Supervising the team and ensuring that they are carrying out their work in accordance with the plan.
- Assisting the Tax Manager in the development of tax publications/bulletins/newsletters and organising client seminars
- Carrying out any other tasks as delegated by the firm from time-to-time.
- Handling a minimum of 40 engagements during a year, achieving an annual productivity of at least 70%.
as an effective team member to complete assigned tasks within the
budgeted time and communicating the engagement progress to the Tax
Manager on a daily basis.
- Ensuring engagement briefing is given by the Tax Manager or Director.
Ensuring that the client acceptance/continuation is completed and
signed off prior to the commencement of the engagement and all other
planning sections are completed and signed off by the
- Director within 48 hours of commencement of the fieldwork.
- Ensuring that review notes on allocated sections are resolved within 24 hours or such other time as agreed with the Tax Manager.
engagement issues and communicating these, as they arise, to the Tax
Manager and ensuring that complex issues are discussed and resolved with
the Tax Manager or Director.
- Effectively documenting work and
drafting reports to performance standards ensuring not more than 3
review queries arise on the work done.
- Responding to client
correspondence/queries within 24 hours or such time as agreed with the
clients and ensuring the clients are updated of the engagement progress
on a regular basis.
- Supervising Tax Associates and Tax Semi
Seniors assigned to engagements, providing guidance and overall review
of deliverables and working papers.
- Actively developing technical skills on the job and through formal training and complying with the firm’s CPD requirements.
- Understanding the procedures followed by the revenue authority and creating rapport with the revenue authority.
- Developing working relationships with the client.
- Assisting in preparing the proposals specific to the Request For Proposals.
At RSM, we deliver The Power of Being Understood to our dients, colleagues and the commu nity
Collaboration Understanding Ideas and Insight
- Get it right first time
- Guaranteed delivery on time and scope
- Leadership accessibility
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
MODE OF APPLICATION
you meet the criteria for this role, and are inspired to build strong,
collaborative and lasting relationships with our stakeholders; if you
are passionate about client benefit from tailored thinking and a deep
understanding of our clients· needs; fill out your application on the
link below by Friday, 16th September 2022. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.