Heifer International is a
global non-profit, humanitarian development organization founded by Dan
West in 1944 dedicated to ending hunger and poverty and caring for the
Earth by empowering smallholder farm families around the globe become
self-reliant and attain sustainable livelihood through economically
viable animal agricultural enterprise.
Heifer International August, 2022
International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual
orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or
status as a qualified individual with disability.
Signature Program Technical Lead – East Africa will be responsible for
setting and ensuring embedding quality standards, promote learning,
increase efficiency and act as liaison between relevant HQ departments,
Region and country offices. S/he will play an advisory role on technical
market systems data that inform decisions on value chains and further
drive deliberate co-design relationships for effective singnature
programming. S/he will be accountable for supporting the countries in
the effective roll-out out and implementation of Signature Programs in
the countries, as well as in the areas of investment and initiatives to
catalyze Signature Programs. S/he will provide technical advice and
support to a range of Signature Program design and implementation issues
in the area of Program Quality, in line with Heifer International’s
project management principles and standards, donor guidelines and
industry best practice. The Signature Program Technical Lead will report
to the Signature Program Director – Africa.
The role may be located in any of the following countries; Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania Uganda, or Rwanda.
Essential Character Traits
Detailed-oriented, self driven, action oriented, team player.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | ZIPO ZA NECTA NA MOCK 1988 – 2019. BONYEZA HAPA!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
A. Program Quality Initiatives (45%)
countries on Market Systems, Access to Finance, Corperatives &
Off-takers capacity/capability building and Value Chain analysis to
inform co-design relationships for in-country signature programming.
to the development and implementation of strategies, standards, tools
and best practice in Program Quality, that effectively engage partners,
donors, and governments.
- Provide technical advise to Country
Program teams, remotely and on-site, in strategic planning and how best
to apply standards, best practice, partnership principles, processes and
tools, to ensure high-quality implementation of signature programs.
consultation with Country Directors and Country Signature Program
Technical Leads, creatively design initiatives that uphold and improve
program quality, innovation and learning on signature programs.
technical process advisory for the preparation, design, submission and
approval of project concepts and full-fledged proposals. Act as a second
line of defence for in-country technical writing on proposal
development, advise project teams on integrating donor strategies,
priorities and technical requirements into Heifer’s approach.
out capacity strengthening initiatives in Program Quality for staff and
partners, develop learning and training strategies and agenda,
conducting trainings and workshops.
- Collect and analyze program
data, capture and share lessons learnt and best practice for specific
projects, to facilitate improvement in decisions.
- Enable strong relationships with donors, peer organizations, research and other institutions, towards enhancing Program Quality.
- Monitor and provide feedback on Program Quality through regular team meetings, field visits and regular communication.
B. Partnerships and Capacity Improvement (30%)
adherence to set compliance standards within Heifer and donor program
and project guidelines and standards, including transparency, policy
compliance, accountability, communication with HQ, donors and external
- Enable new partnerships and nurture existing ones.
- Develop and adopt standardized approaches, practices, tools and measurements in partnership and capacity strengthening.
relevant country program, Regional and HQ staff in the development of
comprehensive plans and materials, for the development and
implementation of capacity strengthening strategies in the Signature
- On a delegated authority, ensure country programs
monitor and evaluate partnership and capacity strengthening activities
- Identify and ensure the creation of strong
inter-organizational networks and efforts to strengthen the capacities
of local partners.
- Represent Heifer Africa in external
professional fora and with donor agencies in support of resource
acquisition for capacity building.
C. Strengthen Core Global Operating System (20%)
support to country offices to ensure compliance with Heifer
International policies and procedures and other accountability standards
through trainings, event participation and field visits.
with departments at HQ on behalf of the country programs and the Africa
Regional Program, with regard to Signature Programs.
- Ensure Signature Program proposals and concept notes are entered into HQ tracking systems, to avoid delay in activation.
the adequate development, implementation, evaluation and
systematization of signature programs implemented by country programs.
- Review signature program and field office monitoring and evaluation reports and make recommendations.
- Maintain Signature Program files and documents.
D. Any Other Assigned Function (5%)
- May perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree plus ten (10) to fifteen (15) years’ job-related experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- At least seven (7) years in technical signature programming leadership.
- At At least five (5) years in management.
Most Critical Proficiencies
of strategic planning, program and project development and
implementation processes (including planning, monitoring and
- Knowledge and work experience in agriculture and
community development in a developing country context (market systems,
value chains, access to market, access to finance, etc).
- Excellent knowledge on monitoring and evaluation of programs and projects.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills including strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of grant acquisition and management.
- Basic knowledge of finance controls and systems.
- Proficiency in basic statistics sufficient to analyze data.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, database and electronic mail software (Microsoft preferred).
- Strong English language skills – oral and written.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully
and diplomatically with a culturally diverse group of people.
- Ability to produce accurate documents in a well-designed and attractive format with impeccable attention to detail.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the general public.
- May require constant sitting; working at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability and willingness to extensively travel 30% of the time both domestically and internationally.
- Ability to develop and present training materials.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
MODE OF APPLICATION