Energy and Livelihoods for Communities
Location: Dodoma or Iringa, Tanzania
Reports to: Head of Programs and Operations
Expected start date: ASAP
Energy and Livelihoods for Communities (ELICO) Foundation is
a leading renewable energy hub dedicated to establish people-centred
clean energy systems and improve livelihoods through innovation,
development, demonstration, incubation and research. ELICO is a global
force and a, partner of choice within renewable energy space whose goal
is to accelerate access to modern energy and energy services for
socio-economic development of rural and last mile areas in Africa.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
achieve this, ELICO co-develop renewable energy solutions with the user
communities and support the development of a broad range of MSMEs and
smallholder farmers by providing them with appropriate technological
solutions, skillset and market linkage so that they can grow and deliver
access to energy services in rural areas.
ELICO works closely
with the government at the national and local levels and with partners
such as the vocation training institutes, microfinance institutions as
well as companies and small enterprises in the renewable energy and
To support us in the programme activities we
are looking for a motivated individual to fill the position of Field
Officer- Enterprise Support.
Officer – Enterprise Support is responsible for the overall
comprehensive planning and execution of assigned programme activities to
ensure that: implementation is on track, performance targets are met,
progress reporting is timely and accurate, and resources are utilized in
appropriate manner. As the primary lead, the role holder must
have excellent technical skills and the ability to offer expert support
to the portfolio of local enterprises and farmers groups.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Assist in the mobilization and recruitment of smallholder farmers and entrepreneurs into the programme.
Conducting needs assessments of the engaged smallholder farmers and
enterprises to identify gaps in knowledge and where further support is
- Organizing the logistics for conducting the trainings,
including identifying suitable venues, mobilize trainers and inviting
- Organize smallholder farmers into groups, formalize the groups and facilitate savings among them
Coaching entrepreneurs and farmers’ groups on a regular basis:
identifying needs, supporting business planning and providing practical
solutions to arising issues
- Supporting entrepreneurs and
farmer’s groups to engage in promotional activities, create new market
linkages and expand their market reach.
- Conducting initial due
diligence of prospective loan applicants and following up with
entrepreneurs and farmers who have successfully obtained a loan.
Support enterprises and farmers’ groups to access finance and invest in
income generating appliances (IGAs) required for their activities.
- Support in developing marketing strategies for enterprises and farmers’ groups supported under the program.
- Organizing the logistics for market development activities and events to raise consumer awareness.
Assisting entrepreneurs and farmers’ groups in developing promotional
material for their business including logos, business cards and flyers.
Actively identifying new markets and potential new customers for
entrepreneurs or farmer’s groups and assisting them to access these
- Providing Business Development Support (BDS) in market development activities and enterprise development.
Raise awareness on options for using electricity beyond basic needs
such as lighting, phone charging and TV/radio, and the economic and
social benefit of productive uses (PUE).
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to the Head of Programs.
M&E data and using feedback from these data to advise entrepreneurs
and farmers groups on how to improve their enterprises.
- Periodic and timely reporting to the Head of Programs on progress/performance against the M&E framework.
- Collecting data, analyzing and providing feedback to the Head of Programs.
- Supporting the project team with quality control on field information.
- Support the M&E department in undertaking analytical studies.
- Communications and cross cutting assignment
Documenting compelling stories and case studies from the entrepreneurs
or farmers’ groups and sharing with Communication Officer for
improvement and inputs
- Providing the communication officer with an impactful stories and field events on a monthly basis
- Supporting ELICO Foundation Management team on key assignments as may be necessary.
degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Entrepreneurship,
Economics. Agronomy or related business studies from a recognized
institution. A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in renewable energy business or agribusiness particularly in rural settings
- Hands on experience as a trainer, facilitator, operator or advisor in renewable energy or MSME development
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate and manage a diverse array of activities and stakeholders
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision
- A full command of written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Willingness to travel and work in rural areas for most of the times
- Good team working skills, creativity and ideas generation.
- A current driver’s licence and/or ability to ride a motorbike.
and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their CV and cover
letter (in English) outlining how your knowledge, skills and experience
match the job description to firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying, please use ‘Field Officer – Enterprise Support’ as the job reference in the subject of the email.
Deadline for application is 26th August 2022
successful applicants at screening stage will be contacted through
their active mobile number/email and advised on the next stage. For more
information, visit our website: www.elicofoundation.org
ELICO Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified
individuals regardless of race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation or disability.
Deadline: 26th August 2022.