|Aga Khan University (AKU)
Jobs in Tanzania 2022: New Jobs Vacancies at Aga Khan University (AKU) 2022
AJIRA MPYA TANZANIA 2022 | NAFASI MPYA ZA KAZI 2022
Aga Khan University
Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, autonomous
and self-governing international university, with 13 teaching sites in 6
countries over three continents. An integral part of the Aga Khan
Development Network, AKU provides higher education in several
disciplines, carries out research pertinent to the countries and
operates 7 hospitals (soon 8) and over 325 outreach clinics, all at
It has almost 2,500 students and 14,000 staff. The University is both a
model of academic excellence and an agent of social change. As an
international institution, AKU operates on the core principles of
quality, relevance, impact and access.
The Aga Khan University invites applications for the below project positions below based in Tanzania…
This position will be based in Arusha, Tanzania.
Skills and Science Laboratory Coordinator
to the Associate Dean-SONAM, the incumbent will be managing daily
activities of the science & skills lab facility and the storage
rooms within the two facilities. This position will be based in Dar es
Areas of responsibilities:
Day to Day Activities:
- Appropriate management of labs and its equipment’s
- Monitor and report any damages and facilitate basic maintenance of the equipment’s
- Prepares labs for the variety of incoming classes and keeping log
of chemicals and waste products according to the applicable procedures
in the material safety data sheets(MSDS) manual
- Monitor water PH levels
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | ZIPO ZA NECTA NA MOCK 1988 – 2019. BONYEZA HAPA!
Maintenance of Safe Environment:
- Facilitate in the preparation, maintenance, and updating of Safety policies within the two facilities.
- Ensuring that safety protocol and procedures are implemented and adhered
- Maintaining MSDS databases, and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHIMIS) labelling
- Explaining and enforcing safety procedures to individuals and carrying out risk assessments for lab activities
and maintaining the storeroom inventory and ensure all labs are
well-stocked, organized, and proper records management is executed
- Overseeing orders of consumable stock and controlling the flow of materials and resources in and out of the storeroom.
- Organizing materials, specimen labeling, sorting, logging, chemical labeling, storage, and disposal.
- Keeping accurate records and logs of invoices, work in progress, and delivery reports.
- Maintaining laboratory equipment’s e.g centrifuges, titrates, pipetting machines and pH meters
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification (health related field)
- First Aid/CPR and WHMIS certification and added advantage
- Experience in a clinical nursing skills lab, microbiology, biochemistry and biomedical
- Experience in inventory and stock handling.
- Previous experience with MSDS, WHIMIS, and lab safety/protocol.
- Work experience or educational knowledge of microbial culture maintenance and storage
- An awareness of health and safety issues with a good practical and technical skills
How to Apply
you meet the requirements of this position, please send your
application package which should include an application letter, an
updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 21st August 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thanks for reading New Job Vacancy at Aga Khan University (AKU) – Skills and Science Laboratory Coordinator