Tanga Cement PLC believes
that for employees to play their full role
in the achievement of the Company’s business objectives, there should
exist an on going comprehensive and effective training and development
process at all levels. The company therefore invests in personal and
professional development from the start of an individual’s career.
periodic People Forum is part of the on going process of evaluating
people’s performance and identifying their potential to meet the
Tanga Cement PLC makes use of on-the-job
training, mentoring, coaching, exchange programs within Group Companies,
corporate programs, and also formal external training programs to help
employees develop the required skills.
Employment opportunities at Tanga Cement PLC
Position: HR Officer – Employee Relations & Wellness
Reporting to: Head of Human Resources
Responsible for handling employee relations; ensuring positive
relationship with union in line with company’s business values and
objectives. The incumbent is also responsible for running schemes and
programs that ensure smooth implementation of employee wellness,
employee relations and employee feedback mechanisms.
• Assist the Head of HR to develop employee relations strategies, programs, policies, and procedures
• Manages all grievances and disciplinary cases in the company following company procedures
• Provide guidance and support on Labour Law matters and ER issues
• Monitor compliance of labour related laws in Tanzania, and keep abreast with regulatory changes
• Update management on labour related proceedings in all courts by or against the company
• Liaise with external lawyers and other agencies to ensure closure of labour cases
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
• Represents the company in various proceedings, and in negotiations with other government agencies.
• Support during litigations raised against the company
Collaborate with various stakeholders such as external lawyers,
employers’ associations, government institutions and divisions and
departments heads to train employees on compliance of labour related
• Contribute to the formulation of policies and design
mechanisms to get employee feedback on practices, procedures, and
• Participate in the design of employee wellness strategies and advise on the improvement of related policies
• Oversee the employee medical scheme policy review, provide guidelines, norms, and procedures to employees
• Drive implementation of counselling Programmes and track performance on quarterly basis
• Ensure budgets related to company’s employee relations and wellness matters are managed in the most efficient way.
• Ultimate responsible for safe working practices especially at areas of responsibility.
Environment: Ensure environmental procedures are complied with,
identify, and manage the environmental aspects and impacts in his/her
area and instil environmental awareness culture in his/her area.
• Any other duties as may be assigned Line Management
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2022 (1,254 POSTS)
• Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
• If not LLB, must have a background in industrial relations
• Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania and master’s degree in any related field will be an added advantage
Knowledge and Specific Experience
• At least a year experience in industrial relations and wellness activities ideally in a well-structured organization
• Good understanding of cement industry trends.
• Analytical skills; hands-on in interpretation and application of labour laws concepts to all stakeholders.
Excellent communication skills, excellent presentation skills,
excellent organizational skills, good research skills, excellent
negotiation skills, very good planning and organizing and time
management, good computer literacy in MS Office suite, problem solving
and good financial skills.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Tanga Cement Plc
is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity
and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
Salary and Benefits
Tanga Cement offers attractive salary and benefits in line with the candidate’s qualifications, skills, and experience.
How to Apply
Send your CV and copies of relevant certificates by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before 23rd June 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.