Job Title: Programs and Project’s Manager.
About the job
Qatar Charity, headquartered in Doha/Qatar is a non-profit, non-governmental organization active in more than 40 countries in Asia, Europe and Africa. The Qatar society was expressing a deep willingness to contribute to the international solidarity chain and to participate in addressing the most important development and humanitarian challenges faced by vulnerable communities around the world. As part of the efforts of cooperation and expansion to enforce implementation of development plans to open a regional office in the United Republic of Tanzania.
Our main activity in all countries including UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA is to give support provision and encouraging humanity work. furthermore, the consolidation of charitable work by support citizenship value and human rights as well. In additional we intending to provide the support to the whole humanity aspects such as social, water and education as has been mentioned.
Job Title: Programs and Project’s Manager.
The main purpose recruiting is to fill the position below:
Managing the programs and projects implemented by Qatar Charity in the country according to the highest professional standards followed by NGOs in project management. It is concerned with effective participation in translating Qatar Charity’s plan into a set of coherent programs and projects that serve the Society’s mission in the country and respond to urgent development needs. He is also concerned with communicating with various stakeholders in relation to Qatar Charity’s programs and projects in the country, in addition to his relentless pursuit of research to mobilize support of all kinds and sources for Qatar Charity’s projects in the country.
Job Requirement: (Education and Qualification)
- Bachelor’s degree/ Master’s degree in Economics/Sociology/Geography/Business Administration/Engineering/Disaster Management. And preferred Civil engineering or Architecture.
- Professional experience not less than 5 years in the field.
- Computer skills (INTERNATIONAL COMPUTING DRIVING LICENCE) ICDL.
- Languages (English and Swahili) must be able to read, write and speak fluently.
- Should have a certificate in Project Management for PMP Professionals
- He/She must be able to read, write and speak fluently in Arabic (as all reports are in Arabic language.)
Job Role and Responsibility:
- Comply with all policies, systems and procedures in force in Qatar Charity.
- Participate in preparing the office’s annual plans in accordance with the planning procedures and mechanisms followed in Qatar Charity.
- Enhancing the capabilities of the office in working with the methodologies used in the various stages of project management.
- Supervising the assessment of the development needs of the country using the used research and analysis tools, taking into account the vision, mission and fields of work of the association, and ensuring that the needs reached are consistent with the sectoral priorities identified by the concerned authorities in the country.
- Preparing the programs and projects required to respond to the urgent development needs in the country, and referring the documents of these programs and projects to the headquarters by the office manager for approval.
- Ensuring that all the legal, administrative, technical and financial conditions necessary for launching the approved programs, projects and activities on time are met.
- Actively contribute to efforts to mobilize various types of support from various sources at the national level for Qatar Charity’s programmes, projects and activities in the country.
- Launching approved programs and projects, taking into account the media and communication policies of Qatar Charity.
- Supervising the selection of human resources and work teams required to implement approved programs and projects, and follow-up and evaluation of the performance of employees in these programs, projects and activities.
- Follow up on the implementation of programs, projects and activities according to the required methodology, including preparing technical and financial follow-up reports in accordance with the follow-up framework for each program or project.
- Responding with the required speed to the demands of the headquarters regarding the completed or ongoing programs, projects and activities.
- Preparing and updating project cash flows periodically, preparing requests for the payment of installments due on time, ensuring that they are entered into the project accounts, and that the concerned authorities receive their dues on time.
- Implementation of programs, projects and activities in accordance with the budgets and deadlines set for them.
- Participation in the tender committee of the office and adherence to its work procedures to ensure the conclusion of all contracts for programs, projects and activities in a transparent and fair manner.
- Follow up with the contracting parties regarding programs and projects and ensure that these parties implement their obligations towards the association in full respect of the contractual terms.
- Searching for appropriate solutions to problems and difficulties that may hinder the implementation of programs and projects in accordance with agreed plans and specifications.
- Supervising the review of ongoing programs and projects whenever required.
- Carrying out the procedures for the temporary and final delivery of the completed works in accordance with the procedures and mechanisms followed in the association.
- Documenting and archiving information and documents related to programs and projects in a way that allows the information to be saved and retrieved when needed easily.
- Communicate with various stakeholders and provide them with the required information and reports in a timely manner.
- Supervising the work of the association’s branches as an organizational and logistical means for the implementation of programs and projects.
- Facilitate the follow-up and evaluation missions carried out by the headquarters or any other entity assigned by the headquarters.
- Close the completed programs and projects, issue final technical and financial reports in this regard, and permanently close their accounts.
- Must be Tanzanian citizen
- Fully aware of Tanzania municipal regulations, policies and procedures and local laws.
- Understanding of the Qatar Charity cultural and political environment.
- Personal Attributes
- The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Be respectful and flexible.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity and demonstrate sound work ethics.
The Main Objectives of the Job:
- Management of the proposed projects within the annual plan of the office
- Work to complete the approved projects in accordance with the approved financial and technical standards and conditions.
- Communicate with partners and meet their needs for information and reports.
- Mobilizing resources and support for the office’s programs and projects from their local sources.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV, Application Letter and Cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com using the “Job tittle” as subject of the email.