JOB TITLE: PROJECT OFFICERS
Reports to: Project Manager
Supervises: Community Health workers, Peer educator and HCW
Contract Duration: 1 year (renewable)
Travel: Up to 70% in intervention regions
Overall Job Function:
In order to accelerate, expand, and improve the quality of HIV prevention, care, and treatment in order to meet UNAIDS 95-95-95 targets in intervention districts, The project offcer will be responsible to manage day-to-day field implementation of a Community-based HIV/TB prevention program targeting key and vulnerable populations (KVP). One of the primary roles will be to coordinate and supervise Community-based HIV/TB services for target beneficiaries. The project Officer will work closely with the Project manager, M&E officer and be the primary liaison with healthcare service providers from health facilities and CHW and peer educators from community.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop a work plan for day-to-day program implementation at the district level including supervision of field activities
- Represent the SHDEPHA+ and coordinate with the Council Health Management Team regarding HIV and health related activities
- Ensure Community-based HIV testing activities are implemented day-to-day according to the work plan, and facilitate coordination of logistics as needed
- Supervise the delivery of field-based HIV/TB prevention services to beneficiaries by community outreach volunteers, including scheduling and implementing day and moonlight mobile outreach campaigns.
- Support self-testing, index testing, HIV testing and pre- and post-test counselling with beneficiaries, and facilitate referrals for HIV positive clients.
- Mentor and supervise peer outreach volunteers regularly and frequently during outreach sessions and lead monthly outreach CHW and Peer educator’s meetings
- Ensure adequate supplies of commodities and tools to outreach volunteers and healthcare workers
- Organize healthcare workers who are engaged from health facilities to provide services in mobile/Community-based activities via on-site supportive supervision and mentoring.
- Support the identification/screening, recruitment, and training of community outreach volunteers from peer groups to implement the outreach services.
- Regularly conduct routine mapping/re-mapping of hot spots and size estimation where targeted populations are found.
- Participate in the training/orientation of healthcare workers in the selected health facilities on the Community-based program
- Ensure adequate data collection, timely, complete and clean data from community, facility to the regional team
- Liaise with regional stakeholders and local government authorities on the program progress, supportive supervision, data review, data entry and data quality assessments to ensure all FIKIA+ project data are updated in government system as per National Guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Develop regional work plans and implementing program interventions (such as community based HTC, linkage/referral to health facilities, retention, GBV & gender norms, STI/TB screening, condoms distribution and family planning) according to the work plan, targets, national guidelines/policy, and program SOPs.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualification, Knowledge and skills:
- Required Education: Medically trained personnel (nurse, clinical officer, laboratory technician, MD, social science etc) who have current qualifications and training in phlebotomy and HIV testing duties.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in medicine or nursing will be an added advantage.
- Master’s Degree in any professional field will be added as an advantage
- Required Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ experience providing HIV testing and counselling services including at least one-year experience supervising other staff, with demonstrated familiarity with MOH systems, tools and procedures for HIV testing and care management.
- Preference given to those who have additional experience with Community-based HIV /TB programs targeting KVP.
- Excellent speaking, reading, and writing skills in English and Kiswahili
- Excellent computer skills, at minimum with Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding clients’ health status and sensitive information contained in data sources.
- Flexibility to work after normal working hours and weekends at informal gatherings and entertainment centres and travel extensively to remote areas, including islands.
- Ability to interact well with all targeted groups and peer outreach workers by facilitating a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory, and non-stigmatizing environment in the program, to welcome all key and vulnerable population beneficiaries regardless of their background.
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen
HOW TO APPLY: –
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees.
SHDEPHA+ Kahama will conduct interviews at Kahama municipal Office for the shortlisted Applicants.
To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS on 25th Thursday November 2021 the subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not easily be retrieved.
All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SHDEPHA+ is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices based on Age, race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee Organization, or other non-merit factors.
SHDEPHA+ is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Any Applicant attempting or communicating to SHDEPHA+ Management or Staff through phone calls, SMS, text emails and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channelled to the provided official correspondence email above
SHDEPHA+ regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
For more information about the organization, please visit