💥CHECK ALL UNIVERSITIES/COLLEGES SELECTIONS 2020/21, CLICK HERE!💥
💥CHECK UPDATES ZOTE ZA UDAHILI WA VYUO 2021/22. CLICK HERE!💥
AJIRA MPYA TANZANIA 2021 | NAFASI MPYA ZA KAZI 2021
Posted Date (9/1/2021 9:36 PM)
Job ID 2021-3435
# of Openings 1 Category Global Operations
Position Location: City Dar es Salaam Region Population Services International
Position Location: Country Tanzania
Job Title: Chief of Party, PMI Tanzania Case Management and Surveillance Activity
Department: Anglophone Africa*
Based in: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, up to 20% international travel
Reports to the Country Representative, Tanzania
Start Date: Approximately June 2022
*Contingent upon funding
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Who we are
Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social
marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000
entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries
committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and
plan the families they desire. PSI is using it’s global presence and
50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to
shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global
capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
seeks a seasoned Chief of Party (COP) to lead the management,
coordination, and reporting of all activities under an anticipated $40M
5-year USAID/PMI-funded project in Tanzania. The project will strengthen
the capacity for malaria case management, malaria in pregnancy, and
surveillance in the public and private sector, while maintaining gains
made under previous PMI investments.
The COP should have
significant leadership and management experience; a demonstrated track
record in successfully managing government, donor and malaria community
relations; a commitment to capacity building; and experience
successfully conducting and implementing USAID-funded projects of
similar size and scope. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure
that the activity produces the results specified in annual work plans,
to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints
of time and cost. The COP will act as the main point of contact with
USAID and other stakeholders involved in program implementation. The COP
will also ensure that the program is represented in national technical,
policy, and planning forums with USAID/PMI, the United Republic of
Tanzania, and key malaria stakeholders. This position will be based in
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Sound like you? Read on.
- Lead the implementation and monitoring of the PMI Tanzania Malaria Case Management and Surveillance Activity.
- Oversee a management team in the main project office, as well as key teams across other regions in Tanzania.
- Lead internal and external program planning, communication, and reporting with sub-partners.
- Build relationships and capacity among partners.
overall oversight of the project and maintain effective and regular
communication with donors, implementing partners, and Tanzanian
- Serve as the focal point for engaging in
dialogue with the Government of Tanzania central and decentralized
levels in conjunction with donors on key issues relevant to the
- Serve as main point of contact/representative of the project to USAID/PMI.
the effective use and coordination of USAID/PMI resources and the
compliance of the financial systems and controls with USAID/PMI
- Ensure high-quality periodic reporting in line with USAID/PMI requirements.
What are we looking for?
- Master’s degree or higher in Public Health, Business Administration, international development or related field.
least 10 years of progressively increased experience managing public
health programs (preferably malaria) in sub-Saharan Africa or other
- Proven leadership experience galvanizing government support and buy-in and working collaboratively with high-level stakeholders.
management and supervisory capability in leading large teams &
projects of similar scope, including financial and human resource
- Recognized expertise in malaria prevention and treatment at community and facility levels.
- Working knowledge of and experience with USG funded activity management, policies and procedures.
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
What would get us excited?
successful candidate will be a creative, innovative and strategic
thinker, and will have: excellent communication, analytical,
organizational, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills; and proven
ability to produce results.
- Demonstrated skills in effectively
negotiating with host governments, donors, other USAID projects, ideally
in Tanzania, local organizations and partners.
- Experience in building institutional, local technical, management and leadership capacity.
- Ability to successfully recruit, train, develop and manage staff.
- Ability to manage all donor required programmatic and financial reporting requirements, including sub-grant management.
- Ability to perform internal control functions to manage day-to-day operations of the project.
- Outstanding English and Kiswahili-language skills, both spoken and written.
- Prior work experience in East Africa a plus.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in malaria case management
- Excellent management skills.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from
qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion,
color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation,
marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political
affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or
expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or
breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled
veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment
process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to:
email@example.com or call (202)785-0072.