|TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS)|
TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS)
is a Semi -Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Works, Transport and
Communication established on July 1, 2000 and is responsible for the
day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s Trank and Regional
Roads Network. Its primary functions include the management of
maintenance and development works, operations of the network and axle
load control, the implementation of road safety and environmental
measures, provision of advice on the strategic framework policies and
plans for the road sector.
The Regional Manager’s office TANROADS -Kagera, on behalf of the Chief
Executive TANROADS, intends to recruit suitably qualified and competent
Tanzanian to fill the following vacancies on specific duties within the
regional on renewable contract terms.
Regional Manager TANROADS – KAGERA invites qualified and interested candidates to apply for the following positions below…
JOB TITLE: MATERIAL ENGINEER (1 POST)
A. Key qualifications
She/He must be a registered Professional Civil Engineer with a degree
in Civil Engineering or Pavement or Material Engineering.
2. Must be Computer literate
3. Must be fluent in both written and spoken Swahili and English languages;
4. Must be a Tanzanian Citizen;
5. Age limit is not above 35 years.
6. At least 2 (Two) years with good work experience in the same field from reputable organization.
B. Duties and Responsibilities
1. To undertake road inventory, condition and traffic count surveys;
2. To investigate sources and quality of construction materials along the roads;
3. To identify sources of road accidents
Plan and conduct laboratory operations for the development of
fabrication procedures and material that meet specifications and
5. To attend regular site meetings and prepare minutes;
6. To supervise contractor at site and force account operations;
7. Creating technical reports for customers
8. To perform such other related duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
the interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their
applications in writing enclosing detailed curriculum vitae and
certified copies of relevant education and professional certificates,
together with names of two reputable referees their contact addresses,
telephone number (s) and e-mail addresses. The application should reach
to the addressee mentioned below not later than 27.03.2021 at 16:30pm Hrs.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please apply to: