|Community Concern of Orphans and Development Association|
Jobs in Tanzania 2020: New Job Vacancies at Community Concern of Orphans and Development Association (COCODA), 2020
Community Concern of Orphans and Development Association (COCODA) is a non-governmental organization established in 2000. COCODA’s establishment as its name suggests, resulted from intensifying concern among community members in Njombe over the surging number of orphans, mainly as a consequence to swelling amount of people infected by HIV and dying from AIDS, majority being adults leaving behind young children without parents. This trend had a negative impact on social and economic development. Hence COCODA envisioned to offer effective response to the situation through providing education to local community on HIV/ AIDS, supporting orphans and most vulnerable children, providing vocational skills to youth and establishment of small scale income generating groups for community sustainable economy.
EpiC provides strategic technical assistance (TA) and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and improve HIV case-finding, prevention and linkage to treatment among key and priority populations (PP). In Njombe region the project is implemented by COCODA in 6 councils (Njombe TC, Njombe DC, Makambako TC, Wanging’ombe DC, Ludewa DC and Makete DC) to address critical gaps and bottlenecks in the response to HIV among key and vulnerable populations (KVP) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW). The EpiC project works closely with the Government of Tanzania (GoT) at national and sub-national levels to deliver HIV and other services tailored to the needs of these groups.
COCODA invites competent and motivated applicant to apply for the following positions below….
Assistant Project Accountant (1 Position)
Reports to: Project Accountant
The assistant accountant will be supporting an accountant and finance department to coordinate and supervise financial activities of the project. This shall include the timely preparation and submission of financial and accounting reports and documents including cash books, payment vouchers, bank reconciliation statements, budget compliance reports and any other financial reports that may be required by the EpiC project.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Roles & Responsibilities
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable
- Completing purchase orders
- Managing payroll
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team.
- Assisting with budgets planning and reviews.
- Completing bank reconciliations.
- Entering financial information into appropriate software programs
- Managing day-to-day transactions.
- Recording Project expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget ceilings.
- Assisting the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records, and statements
- Handling accruals and pre-payments
- Reviewing computer reports for accuracy and meticulously tracing errors back to their source
- Resolving errors in financial reports and correcting faulty reporting methods
Qualification and experience
- Holder of bachelor degree in accounting and finance or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Experience of at least three (3) years in working with Donor funded projects
- Holder of CPA Professional is an added advantage
- Must be computer literate
- Knowledgeable on accounting packages will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the envelope or on the subject line of the e-mail.
All applicants MUST attach cover letter and their updated Curriculum Vitae with certified copies of academic certificates as supporting documents to their applications.
All applications should be submitted not later than 1600 HRS of 25th September 2020 by email, to: [email protected] or in a sealed envelope to:
Human Resource Officer,
Community Concerns of Orphans and Development Association (COCODA),
P.O BOX 712 – Njombe.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Warning: Please avoid deception agents, COCODA charges no cost for any job position advertised. COCODA enhances equal opportunity to all qualified candidates.