- Company: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities.
Due to an increased need to support vulnerable Tanzanian children and youth, we decided to bring a dynamic, innovative and resilient individual to our organisation who would lead the fund development and partnership ambition of the organization. By joining us, you would enjoy the most diverse and exciting team and work environment with the opportunity to work on wide thematic areas and interact with diverse stakeholders in Tanzania and beyond. We are member of the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages International, the largest global federation of child care organization operating in 135 countries and territories worldwide which offers you the opportunity to become a global citizen. While all other competitive benefit packages remain constant, we also offer you one of the challenging tasks that would help you maximize your potential and make a real difference on the lives of young children and people across Tanzania.
You are required to interact with team members from Dar es Salaam to Iringa, Mufindi to Arusha, Zanzibar to Mwanza, Nairobi to Addis Ababa and beyond.
See the available jobs vacancies below:
Job title: Program Officer (1 Post)
Duty station: Mwanza
Reporting to: Program Coordinator
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead the implementation of the project as per annual plan
- Facilitate the identification of the beneficiaries of the program
- Support communities in the assessment of root causes leading to child abandonment at family and community levels
- Conduct the capacity building to the beneficiaries of the program
- Facilitate families’ access to essential services required to fulfill their children’s developmental needs and rights.
- Facilitate Capacity building of families as well as the community.
- Keep up-to-date information regarding beneficiaries and services provided
- Conduct regular field visit to the area of the program intervention
- Prepare reports to be shared to different levels within and outside the organization
Knowledge, Skills and abilities
- Bachelor degree in Social Work, Sociology; from recognized institutions.
- At least two years working experience preferably with NGO/ INGO in this field.
- Basic facilitation skills.
- Basic Knowledge of Gender, Child rights and Advocacy.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Computer skills especially Microsoft word, Excel & the Internet.
- A good command of both oral & written English
- Must have a valid driving license
If you are interested to be part of this dynamic team and become a change agent then send your CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com addressing The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania P0. Box 80462 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Closing date is 13th September 2019. Please Note: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.