Finance Director, Tanzania
International Security Services Career Area
: International Location:
Dar Es Salam, TZ Position/Employment type:
Finance Director, Tanzania / Full time Employee
Download Your National ID (NIDA) Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
Security Services Middle East and Africa (SS-MEA), Tanzania / direct
reporting line to Finance Director, East Africa with dotted reporting
line to MD Tanzania.
Place of work/Travel:
Salaam, Tanzania with some travel to where the company has operations
and to head office in Dubai, UAE. GardaWorld also have office locations
in London, Washington DC, Belgium, Montreal and Florida that may need
Contact and Cooperation:
Company-wide with a focus on Tanzania business. Main cooperation with
Finance, HR, Legal and other business unit heads and heads of support
functions / departments.
Externally: Local and International: banks, suppliers, clients, auditors, legal advisors, Government
officials, Tanzania Revenue Authority
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Finance Director, Tanzania will provide leadership and coordination of
financial and fiscal planning, treasury, and budget management functions
for the Tanzanian business and ensure accounting procedures and
reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles. Reporting
to the Finance Director, East Africa the incumbent is responsible for
maintaining consistent accounting standards through the following
responsibilities for the Tanzania business unit:
- Ensure compliance with all financial statutory reporting requirements;
lead the Tanzania finance team in a pro-active manner, ensuring daily,
weekly, monthly and quarterly reports are finalized according to parent
company instructions and deadlines.
- Implementing and maintaining the CoA as well as P&L and Balance Sheet formats;
and evaluation of monthly accounts, reviewing actual performance
against budget and forecast, identifying trends and highlighting
variances, providing accurate management information;
analysis and reconciliation of monthly books of accounts and GL,
including audit file, as well as confirming intercompany balances and
- Manage bank accounts (opening / closing, new deposits, transfers etc.) and analyse weekly cash flow reports;
- Prepare consolidated monthly and ad hoc reports for the Tanzania business, to be sent to the Finance Director, East Africa.
- Manage the preparation and reporting of annual and quarterly budgets as well as monthly reforecasting;
of Accounts Receivables, implementing effective credit control and
collection measures to ensure that cash flow is maximised
- Review and evaluate financial policies and procedures and implement enhancements to maximise control;
- Adhere to all national, state, local and international tax laws. Manage the retention and preparation of
- tax records, tax returns and other required reports.
- Establish procedures for custody and control of assets, records, loan collateral, and securities, in order
- to ensure safekeeping.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, Tax, IFRS,
- the Company’s Act, etc.
directly with the auditors and prepare information as requested from
Parent Company auditors as and when required, also liaise with the Legal
department as and when necessary;
- Work closely with the Finance Director, East Africa and assist with any ad hoc duties as required.
- Responsible for payroll.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
As delegated and directed by Finance Director, East Africa and/or MD, Tanzania and as per
GardaWorld Authority Matrix.
Finance Director, Tanzania is accountable to the Finance Director, East
Africa for their responsibilities stated in this job description. These
responsibilities will be monitored and managed through the mid-year and
annual performance review and supported through the monitoring of their
- Demonstrates detailed financial awareness at senior leadership level, including Africa experience.
- Assist the senior leadership team to produce workable solution to financial issues;
- Provides others with clear direction and sets measurable and achievable goals for subordinates;
- Writes and speaks clearly, succinctly and correctly.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, including understanding of pivot tables, macro’s, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of other MS Office systems.
- Excellent command of English is essential.
- Controls costs and thinks in terms of profit and loss and added value.
- Manages time effectively.
- A forward planner with clear focus, well-organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Have a high sense of accuracy with strong analytical ability.
- Business acumen, strategic thinker with ability to make sound decisions for the business.
- Works in an ethical manner, is systematic, methodical and orderly.
- Demonstrates ability to motivate teams to produce quality output within strict timeframes.
- Ability to work and interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
of the key relationship between contract management, rostering systems
then payroll and billing i.e., manpower and revenue assurance.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2020 (1,338 POSTS)
- Minimum of Degree in Accounting, Finance, or any related field
- CPA, CA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent qualification is a must
- Min. 5 years’ experience in similar role in a major company or division of a large corporation.
in English and excellent communication skills are essential,
particularly in presenting the results of financial analysis to
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
GardaWorld: Make the world a safer place
is a global leader in the security industry, offering a wealth of
opportunity to individuals looking to gain experience and develop
professionally in a growing industry. We offer flexible schedules,
diverse work assignments spanning multiple industries, and training and
career advancement opportunities. We embrace diversity and welcome
newcomers, women, students, retirees, reservists, veterans, and more to
join our team, as we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, we will communicate only with the selected candidates.
Job Segment: Financial, Manager, Bank, Banking, Law, Finance, Management, Legal