|Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine Ltd
Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New Job Vacancies at Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine Limited, 2023
Barrick-Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine Limited Jobs
Water Treatment Plant Engineer
Water Treatment Plant Engineer at Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine Limited December, 2023
Position: Water Treatment Plant Engineer
Barrick Gold Corporation
The Barrick North Mara Team is seeking to recruit a Water Treatment Plant Engineer to join and grow our team.
Join our exceptional team and embody Barrick’s core values as you work with us.
our exceptional team and embody Barrick’s core values as you work with
us. We are in search of individuals who can champion Barrick’s DNA by:
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable
- Committing to Zero Harm
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships
- Recommend technical design or process changes to improve efficiency, quality, or performance of the plant.
integrated water treatment solutions with a focus on minimizing
environmental impact, rapid deployment, flexibility, reducing risk and
- Prepare technical or operational reports on plant health performance.
- Evaluate designs or specifications to ensure quality of the product.
- Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency and cost saving.
- Develop technical methods or processes of the plant operation.
- Analyze costs and benefits of proposed water treatment designs or projects.
- Analyze operational data to evaluate plant operations, processes or products.
- Create models of engineering designs/methods for site water reticulation
- Provide an adaptable and cost-effective solution to planned water treatment projects
- Evaluate the operation and maintenance of water or wastewater systems to identify ways to improve their efficiency.
- Design or select equipment for use in wastewater processing to ensure compliance with government standards.
advanced facilities with sequencing batch reactors (SBR), membranes,
lift stations, headworks, surge overflow basins, ultraviolet
disinfection systems, aerobic digesters or sludge lagoons
- Design pumping systems, pumping stations, pipelines for Process Plant
- Analyze and recommend chemical, biological, or other cost saving treatment methods.
- Develop plans for new water resources or water efficiency programs.
- Perform mathematical modeling of underground or surface water resources
operation of facilities to meet all applicable regulatory requirements
and in accordance with design criteria. Develops and implements
techniques and methods of process control which increase plant
- Plant evaluation to improve overall plant effectiveness and ensure effective resolution to in-time problems.
that all Environmental and Safety Standards and procedures are
maintained according to ISO14001, ISO45001 AND ISO9001 Standards
- Implements, directs, and enforces plant safety and risk management programs.
- Coordinates equipment repair or replacement such that plant effluent quality limits are maintained.
- Management of designs including oversight of reports, specifications, and drafting of drawings
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical/Process Engineering or Equivalent
- Registered Engineer from Engineer Registration Board Tanzania – ERB
- CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
- Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
- PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Experience and competencies needed.
Minimum 5 years relevant experience in Reverse Osmosis,
Ultrafiltration, Microfiltration, Ion Exchange and Media Filter
Commissioning and Operation Experience.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in monitoring and writing report on plant health (RO, UF, MF and IX) performance.
- Minimum 5 years post-professional qualification technical design/drawing experience in process circuit.
- Systems and software skills; Visio, Scada, AutoCAD, Stella Architect and or other Modeling Softwares will be added advantages.
– Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of
substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they
undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger
signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
Control Analysis – Conducting tests and inspections of products,
services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance
- Effective communication and Team Building
- English literacy and numeracy
- Computer Programming skills – Python (Anaconda), Excel Macros
- Systems Skills: SAP
- Perform safety inspections and identify safety hazards.
- Possess a Valid Tanzanian driving license
- Technical Experience on Reverse Osmosis Technology
- Experience with software skill, modelling and mass balances
- Able to Drive Manual Transmission/Stick Shift Transmission.
Job Identification 227531
Job Category Processing
Posting Date 12/07/2023, 03:28 PM
Apply Before 12/20/2023, 03:00 PM
Degree Level Bachelor’s Degree
Job Schedule Full time
Locations Tarime, Tarime, P.O. Box 422, TZ
What We Can Offer You:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization
are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe
and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold
and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host
countries and communities to transform their natural resources into
tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines
and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is
drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with
world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by
embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of
our business decisions.
The company’s shares trade on the New
York Stock Exchange under the symbol GOLD and on the Toronto Stock
Exchange under the symbol ABX. Learn more at www.barrick.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
About the Team
The North Mara gold mine is located in north-west Tanzania in the Tarime
district of the Mara region. It is around 100 kilometres east of Lake
Victoria and 20 kilometres south of the Kenyan border.
Mara started commercial production in 2002. The mine is a combined open
pit and underground operation from two deposits, Gokona (underground)
and Nyabirama (open pit). The process plant has the capacity to process
an average of 8,000 tonnes of ore per day.