|DVV International Tanzania
DVV International Tanzania Jobs
Education for Everyone. Worldwide.
Job advertisement DVV International Tanzania
Job Title: Programme Officer
Job Type: Full-Time from 1st February 2024
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reference Number: DVV/PO/022024
DVV International is
the Institute for International Cooperation of the Deutscher
Volkshochschul-Verband e.V. (DVV), the German Adult Education
Association. DVV represents the interests of the approximately 900 adult
education centres (Volkshochschulen) and their state associations, the
largest further education providers in Germany.
DVV International provides worldwide support for the establishment and
development of sustainable structures for Youth and Adult Education. As
the leading professional organization in the field of adult learning and
education (ALE) and development cooperation, DVV International has
committed itself to supporting lifelong learning for more than 50 years.
Its vision is to fight poverty through education, lifelong learning and
support to development.
For its regional office East7 Horn of Africa
in Tanzania, Dar es Salaam we are looking for a suitable candidate for
the position Programme Officer Reference Number: DVV/PO/022024
The Programme Officer,
as part of a small team, will be working under the overall guidance and
direct supervision of the Regional Director East/ Horn of Africa.
His/her task will be supporting DVV International in non-formal adult
education programming and implementation of its interventions at macro,
meso and micro level.
The Programme Officer will be assigned for:
Supporting programme staff and key partners in consultation with other
key stakeholders in the finalisation of the review of the national
programme Integrated Community Based Adult Education (ICBAE) and
strategies in non-formal adult learning and education (ALE).
Supporting the implementation of pilot Community Learning Centers at
district level with the associated multi-sectoral coordination and
multi-stakeholders’ network structures.
• Liase with the capacity
development advisor and ensuring that activities at the CLCs and
decentralised levels are in accordance to DVV International annual
implementation plan and budget.
• Providing technical support to
stakeholders at national, regional and district level in conducting and
managing activities in the field of adult literacy, technical and
vocational education, non-formal and community education, etc. including
• Conducting supervision and monitoring visits
to the CLCs and help to establish Community of Practice of facilitators
and support therewith ongoing monitoring and quality of project
• Liase with the capacity development advisor in
capacitating stakeholders in integrated ALE methodology and programming
including preparation of training materials/ guidelines.
• Liase with
the advocacy and communication advisor in implementing the advocacy and
communication strategy and in establishing stakeholder networks and
cooperation among ALE stakeholders nationally and in East African
• Identifying content/ themes and areas of research in ALE nationally and in the East African region.
Supporting that all programme activities are developed and implemented
in accordance with DVV International budget and guidelines.
Together with the capacity development advisor conduct project reviews
to assess project components, to measure achievements that can be
effectively communicated to donors and key stakeholders and be used for
• Supporting tender processes from design to review.
• Supporting the development of proposals for various third funding donors.
Support the planning and implementation of workshops, trainings and
conferences, compiling reports of meetings, workshops, trainings, etc.
and progress reports to donors.
- CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
- Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
- PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Requested qualifications and skills:
• University degree preferably Masters in the field Education, social science from a reputable university
• At least 3 years’ experience in the local or international NGO sector in a similar position
• Understanding of adult education strategies and issues in Tanzania, reginal and globally
• Knowledge of ALE stakeholders in the country.
• Proven skills in capacity development and training provision as well as development of training materials.
• Strong analytical and project management skills.
• Strong communication and writing skills (English and Kiswahili)
• Tanzanian national
• Problem-solving skills
• Excellent inter-personal, communication, presentation and training skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
• Strong computer skills
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Salary 3.200,000 TZS to 3.500,000 TZS.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Applicants should send their CVs with contact information for three traceable referees, with a cover letter to email@example.com
indicating position and reference number in the subject field. Only
applications meeting the above requirements and sent to this email
address will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications is 04th of January, 2024.