|National Bank of Commerce
National Bank of Commerce (NBC) Jobs, 2023
Product Development Manager
Product Development Manager at NBC Bank Limited December, 2023
remote type Hybrid
locations Head Office NBC
time type Full time
job requisition id R-15960350
is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of
experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and
investment banking, wealth management products and services.
Stay ahead of industry trends to pinpoint
novel product opportunities, strategically enhancing a product’s
features and efficacy throughout every phase of the Product Lifecycle.
Guarantee that products or services align with the demands of designated
target customers by implementing a range of tasks and initiatives but
also return on investment is achieved from products portfolio.
Business analysis and develop Business requirement for new product and
enhancement of existing products, taking consideration of customer needs
and business objectives.
- Develop Business case for new products and enhancement of existing product to ensure all investment yields returns.
- Lead end-to-end development projects for new products, ensuring adherence to the product development lifecycle.
- Drive new product project targets for quality, shorter development time, effective product cost, and optimal pricing.
with various business areas to develop pricing models and conduct joint
pricing reviews and audit existing product prices captured on systems
to ensure accuracy limiting revenue leakage.
- Align NBC with Group propositions and contribute to strategic decision on product innovation.
successful integration of new products and migration to enhanced
products through thorough project planning, customer communication, and
sales team enablement.
- Collaborate with Legal and Compliance Officer to ensure product compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Manage and prioritize a portfolio of existing and new solutions through the product development pipeline.
expertise in product financials, product customer Value Management,
product operations, product risk, product compliance, and other business
- Conduct new product training and assist in external and internal communication planning.
approval from the Bank of Tanzania for new products deviating from
Banking Business Act. Identify product gaps through proactive
communication with Group counterparts.
- Ensure product offerings are profitable and sustainable by measuring performance against key business criteria.
Product Risk Management and Change Management
- Ensure that the New and Amended Product Approval process is followed when developing or enhancing products.
- Ensure that the Product review process is followed with regards to any existing product review.
review and ensure that the processes and documentation related to the
products are in place including product manuals, product training
resources and marketing materials.
- In collaboration with
Information Technology, conduct regular infrastructure viability,
analyze, and determine systems capability requirements to ensure optimal
performance of products and address all IT risks related.
support to all product risk reviews and audit cycles, responding to
supporting documents requests and clarification on timely manner.
- Ensure all regulatory requirements, NBC policies and procedure are adhered to during product design.
- Report all risks related to products to Corporate and Investment Banking Risk champion.
all Commercial Product risks and controls related to products in the
Corporate Investment Banking Risk Control Assessment (RCA) are effective
and issues are closed on time.
- Coordinate, manage and represent Business Development interests on the Change/NPA Forums
through change management process for all product innovation and
enhancements by efficiently executing business related activities.
Formal learning required.
- Degree in Banking, Information Technology and Project managements are added advantage.
- Combined Banking and Information technology/systems increase chance of being successful to the role.
- CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
- Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
- PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
least 4 years’ experience in Banking and a minimum of 2 years within
product development space or any innovation related role.
– Demonstrated skill on innovating and implementation of new products
– Proven track record of driving product portfolio innovations and changes
Knowledge and skills required.
– Wholesale Banking products knowledge
– Effective planning and project management
– Business requirement analysis
– Product lifecycle management
– Product risk management
– Presentation skills
– Analytical thinking skills
– Information systems understanding
— Effective communicator
Bank is in an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an
inclusive work environment and ensuring gender balance within our
workforce. We strongly encourage applications from female candidates and
individuals living with disabilities for this position. NBC Bank does
not levy any charges related to the application and recruitment process.
Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Business, Commerce and Management
Studies, Commercial mindset – Junior (Meets all of the requirements),
Digital familiarity (Meets some of the requirements and would need
further development), Experience in a similar environment at junior
specialist level, Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and
would need further development), Personal mastery (Meets all of the
requirements), Reasoning (Meets all of the requirements), Research
(Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)