|Chemonics International Inc.
in Tanzania 2023: New Job Opportunities at Chemonics International – Tanzania, 2023
Chemonics International Tanzania Jobs 2023
Driver & Administrative Assistant at Chemonics International Inc. December, 2023
a Driver & Administrative Assistant for the USAID/Tanzania Heshimu
Bahari (Respect the Ocean) Activity. The activity is a five-year project
that aims to improve the ecological resilience and productivity of
Tanzania’s high marine biodiversity areas. Tanzania’s coral reefs are
among the world’s fifty most climate-resilient reefs based on biological
and oceanographic characteristics, and Tanzania’s marine and coastal
ecosystems support a diverse range of coral reefs, seagrasses,
open-ocean pelagic habitats, and mangroves.
Not only do the
ecosystems support species such as dugongs, sea turtles, and sharks and
rays, but they also support a variety of livelihoods such as artisan
fishing, aquaculture, and marine/coastal-related tourism activities.Overfishing,
poorly planned infrastructure projects, and climate change all threaten
not only these ecosystems and their fauna and flora, but also
livelihoods and food security. These obstacles, together with the lack
of a functional marine management area (MMA) framework, underdeveloped
governance systems, insufficient funding, and an unincentivized private
sector, severely limit effective management and measurable impact in
marine biodiversity conservation.
To help address these
challenges, Heshimu Bahari aims to establish an enabling environment and
science-driven framework for sustainable MMA and wild-caught fishery
co-management by government, communities, and the private sector. The
Activity has four integrated objectives:
- Strengthening the
enabling framework for a network of Marine Management Areas (MMAs) and
Fishery Replenishment Zones (FRZs) to support biodiversity conservation,
climate resilient communities, and sustainable wild-caught fisheries.
- Community co-management of MMAs/wild-caught fisheries and climate resilience strengthened.
- Private sector investment in MMAs and wild-caught fisheries expanded.
- Integration of relevant science to MMA and fisheries policy and management improved.
driver & administrative assistant (the role will encompass both
sets of responsibilities) is responsible for driving Chemonics staff,
consultants and partners to locations of project meetings and activities
and maintaining project vehicles in good condition. S/he will also
support the project’s administrative team as needed. The position is
based in Dar es Salaam with local and regional travel as needed.
- Drive staff to meetings and appointments as assigned
- Helping with loading and unloading of office goods/materials and staff luggage as needed
- Collecting and delivering goods and documents related to project activities
the vehicle in accordance with the Chemonics International Vehicle
Policy and ensure that passengers comply with this policy e.g., the
wearing of seat belts
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of
the assigned vehicle including checking oil, water, battery, brakes,
tires etc.; and ensuring it remains undamaged and in working order
- Ensure the vehicle is in clean condition, both inside and outside
- Maintain the vehicle travel and maintenance log as per policy
- Manage the daily mileage record and petrol consumption
dealing with outside organizations, presenting Chemonics International
in the best possible manner by being tidy, helpful and courteous.
to the supervisor immediately any accident involving a project vehicle
and assist in the investigation of and follow up to any such accident.
- Notify the supervisor of any maintenance or vehicle problems.
- Ensure the vehicle is at all times kept clean and tidy.
- Assist the project operations staff in ensuring timely car insurance renewals
procurement needs, including liaising with vendors and collecting price
quotes. Assist with arranging travel, visas, and hotel accommodations
for project-related travel
- Manage online fuel reports from fuel suppliers
- Coordinate logistics for program events
- Compile, deliver and collect documentation from tax authorities and government entities, as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
- Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
- PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
certification of relevant vocational training or a bachelor’s degree in
administration/logistics or a related field. Vocational training and
Certification from a reputable driver’s education program will be an
- At least two years of administration and driving experience.
- Must have a current, valid license with an excellent driving record showing no history of accidents
- Must be a skilled and experienced safe driver for highway driving
- Sound knowledge of driving rules and regulations
- Preferred working experience with an international organization or donor project, including skills in minor vehicle repair
- Good communications ability in both Kiswahili and English
personal qualities with ability to function in a team environment that
includes different ages, ethnicities and cultural backgrounds;
demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs
of vulnerable groups
- Demonstrated high level of personal integrity
- Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards
- Ability to work after normal office hours
- Basic knowledge of first aid
- Good knowledge of the region where the project operates, including its streets, neighborhoods, airports and government offices.
Period of Performance: On/about January 2024, through the life of project.
Please submit an application here.
The application deadline is December 15, 2023. Applications will be
reviewed on a rolling basis. Early applications strongly encouraged. No
telephone inquiries, please. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics
will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an employer that does not
discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic
information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other
non-merit factors. Chemonics values the protection of your personal
data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting
Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may
access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.