Jobs in Tanzania 2022: New Job Vacancies at Laterite Tanzania, 2023
Laterite Tanzania Jobs 2023
Admin and Accounts Assistant at Laterite December, 2023
This vacancy is reserved for Tanzanian nationals.
is a data, research and analytics firm specialized in complex
development challenges. We work with universities, global think tanks,
international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations, and government
ministries and agencies. Our clients include, for example, the World
Bank, USAID, TechnoServe, Promundo, the Mastercard Foundation, and
several UN agencies.
We currently have offices in the Netherlands, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Sierra Leone, and Peru.The
team brings together more than 80 full time local and international
staff, as well as 1,000+ enumerators across all countries. We are proud
to be a culturally diverse organization, and we welcome applications
from groups currently under-represented in our team. Learn more: www.laterite.com
work in socio-economic development research projects. We believe that
impact is a long-term endeavour that requires being embedded in the
local context. Delivering high-quality research requires building local
teams and data collection systems, knowing the country, and establishing
close working relationships.
One of Laterite’s key strategic
goals is to create a collaborative and rewarding working environment for
our staff, where every team member feels engaged, represented, and
heard. Laterite is committed to create opportunities for learning and
career development within the team and across our offices.
is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an
equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender,
gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
What you will do:
We are looking for a new colleague to join our team in Tanzania. Our new colleague will perform the following responsibilities:
- Perform monthly postings & reconciliations e.g., petty cash, bank, supplier and tax reconciliations using Quick Books
- Manage filing of all contracts, invoices and salary slips and other relevant documents
- Ensure compliance and timely filing of all taxation and other regulatory requirements (NSSF, PAYE, VAT & WHT)
all field expenses including sitting with enumerators for
reconciliation of budget with actual expenses as well preparing a
project expense report for each batch of field expenses
- Process payments for any project related expenses and also supplier payments
controls for certain project-related expenses and increase our
cost-efficiency by diversifying and improving our agreements with
- Liase with the tax advisors and external auditors to
respond to queries, provide documents and seek advice / resolution from
- Continuous help with immigration processes to assist in
expats settlement i.e., work permit, special pass, visas and alien card
application follow ups
- Work with the finance team for monitoring cash and bank balances and ensuring adequate balances to meet all payment needs
support on all admin matters in the office e.g.: procurement of all
office needs, manage office equipment and maintain keys for the office
- Oversee support staff e.g.: office cleaner
with logistics for enumerator training, workshops and meetings (booking
rooms, catering, hiring furniture, organizing transport, etc)
- Assist with the management of Petty Cash for the office
- Perform other tasks/duties as assigned
- CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
- Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
- PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
What you will bring:
- BA Degree in BA Degree in Business Management, Economics, Accounting, or related field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of office management, visa and work permit processes, and accounting and book-keeping.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and MS Office especially Excel
- Must be Tanzanian national
What’s in it for you?
offers a competitive remuneration package, including medical insurance
and 21 days of annual leave. We are also committed to supporting our
staff’s learning, providing an annual learning budget of up to $1,000
per person and 10 days of time off for professional learning each year.
We also provide remote work options in accordance with Laterite’s remote
The starting salary for this role is TZS 1,409,524
gross per month. The exact salary grade will be determined based on the
selected candidate’s experience and performance in interviews. Salaries
are pegged against the pay matrix. There is ample opportunity for
growth both in terms of salary scales and roles. Promotions at Laterite
are reviewed during our bi-annual performance evaluation.
1). Online assessment
The first step is to complete a 30-minute online assessment for which no special preparation is needed.
Link to the assessment: https://form.jotform.com/233341767816563
2). Submit application
Successful candidates will then be invited to upload their CV and cover letter via our online application system.
Successful candidates will then be invited to a first interview. The interview stage will consist of two rounds of interviews.
Interested candidates must apply by December 31st, 2023.