to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Would
you like to assist our graduates in making successful international
university and scholarship applications? Are you capable of preparing
our graduates for entry exams required to gain acceptance to their dream
institution? Does it sound like we’re talking about you? … Keep
The School of St Jude is a
pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. Every year we
give 1,800 students with free, quality education, 100’s of graduates
with access to higher education and provide more than 20,000 government
school students with quality teachers. St Jude’s is funded by generous
supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright,
poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
English Teachers (O-Level)
English Teachers (O-Level) at The School of St Jude
Who are you?
highly-motivated teacher with excellent attention to detail, who loves
working with students and can facilitate a holistic learning curriculum.
- You are able to develop, monitor and evaluate lesson plans, schemes of work, lesson notes and examinations.
- You understand the importance of ECA’s (Extra Curricular Activities) and can inspire and mentor students to participate.
responsible and hard-working person who enjoys taking on extra duties
such as being on duty, leading assembly, guiding projects and being a
member of various school committees.
- You strive for academic and moral excellence and encourage students to aim high and achieve.
What we’re looking for
Tanzanian who holds a Bachelor of Arts in Education/with Education from
an Accredited Universities in East Africa with excellent academic
- Minimum Two (2) years of experience in teaching Ordinary Level with an outstanding performance from Top Performing Schools.
- Qualified to teach Literature in English to form 3 and form 4 students
ability to deliver NECTA curriculum content using modern teaching
methods and strategies that support a competency-based approach to
learning and assessments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English as a medium of instruction.
well-rounded, independent and mature individual with a diverse
knowledge in Education and one that observes teaching ethics and
demonstrates a refreshing approach to teaching
- A teacher with a vibrant, diligent and motivating personality for our students.
individual who is able to adapt to our school’s diverse Policies and
Procedures (including working over the weekends when required).
opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through
education and make a positive impact in Tanzania A flexible and
supportive community of international and local employees Ample
opportunities for career progression and development
Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days)
Are you interested?
Send your cover letter and an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/ACDM/GN/07/23)
Applications close on 26th November 2023, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
BE AWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES IN JOB ADVERTISEMENTS AND RECRUITMENT
PROCESS. THE SCHOOL OF ST JUDE DOES NOT REQUEST PAYMENT AT ANY STAGE OF
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING THE OFFER STAGE. ANY PAYMENT REQUESTS
SHOULD BE REFUSED AND REPORTED TO LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES FOR