|Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)|
Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New Job Vacancies at Geita Gold Mining Limited (GGML) 2023
Geita Gold Mining Limited (GGML) Jobs 2023
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita
Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an
international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with
operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is
situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania,
only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the
nearest point of Lake Victoria.
The company has its head office in
Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a
supporting office in Dar es Salaam.
Supervisor – Mining Projects at Geita Gold Mining Limited (GGML) November, 2023
Position: Supervisor – Mining Projects
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified Time Contract
Department: Open Pit Mining
Reporting to: Senior Supervisor – Mining
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The core aim of this role is to ensure
all designed and scheduled projects are implemented on sites according
to design parameters, timeline and resource utilizations as well as
ensuring projects affected areas and operations environment are safe for
work and preserve nature and environment as per GGML Health, Safety and
Environmental Standards. This role requires construction experience in
mining roads, Pit ramps, Romped and ore stockpile, tails dam, Brake test
ramps, Dead zone, go line, Pit look out, PAF and NAF Dumps and
construction of bund walls for water direction. Also, this role requires
experience in bush clearing and topsoil tripping.
- Certificate of Secondary education or above.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
- Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
- PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
- Mining experience of not less than 10 years in operation with proven competency in open pit mining primary equipments.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
to Health, Safety & Environmental Policies of Geita Gold Mine and
Tanzania Laws guiding construction and mining industry.
- Ensure executed company projects are completed on schedule, within budget and at agreed technical specifications.
project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design
specifications and safety or environmental standards.
technical advice to the Project and Earthwork senior supervisor
regarding to design, construction, or program of works to ensure
projects have Value for Money.
- Issues Based Risk Assessment, JSA, Take5 Procedures, Excavations Permits.
- Ensure key stakeholders are engaged fully and timely during project execution and project handover.
- Maintain good customer care to all stakeholders and maintains teamwork and cooperation.
- Hold pre shift meeting to pass on important information to the team/safety shares.
- Resolve personal issues of team members or refer them to the Supervisor.
- Control and manage Employee Leave Management.
- Manage the performance of subordinates.
- Ensure equipment are used in accordance with training provided.
- Ensure that equipment used by the team is maintained and can always be used.
- Manage equipment availability.
- Manage the performance of subordinates.
- Coordinate with HME mechanics for the scheduled service and breakdown maintenance.
- Coordinate with Drill and blasting, Dewatering, survey and Geotech.
- Coordinate with other stakeholders working with Production team.
- Supervise the execution of daily plan.
- Ensure production targets is achieved.
- Ensure Ore losses and dilution during mining is avoided.
- Ensure hourly productivity in BCM is achieved.
- Ensure that all required tools before starting shift are available.
- Ensure that there is no unnecessary engine idling of equipment.
- To Promote safe equipment operation to avoid engine abuse.
- Maintain excellent operation and standard.
the effective allocation and use of resources to execute Load and Haul
activities as per shift plan and as assigned by manager.
- Ensure you communicate any uncompleted task during shift change to in coming supervisor.
- Ensure all damages are reported to senior supervisor and you will be hold accountable of any damages.
- Provide hand over of outstanding task to the in-coming shift supervisor.
machine performance against the daily plan, including non-performance
and make recommendations for improvement to the senior supervisor.
- Report incidents immediately to the supervisor.
- Stop work if the working environment / condition is not safe.
- Report any unsafe act or practice done at the working area.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Positive attitude towards end users and team
- Good communications with end users, services provider, and team
- Committed to work.
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Attention to Details
- Working with minimum supervision
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY’ button below.
the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of
relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and
addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are
not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also
be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior
Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Supervisor – Mining Projects ”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have
their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or
Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 22nd November 2023 at 5:30 PM
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to
present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination
certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test
and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures
including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your
hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML
does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be
asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity,
please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation
Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our
whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates
apply) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com