AB InBev Tanzania Jobs, 2023
Brewery Controller at AB InBev Tanzania November, 2023
locations TANZANIA MWANZA
time type Full time
job requisition id 30053982
Dreaming big is in our DNA. It’s who we are as a company. It’s our
culture. It’s our heritage. And more than ever, it’s our future. A
future where we’re always looking forward. Always serving up new ways to
meet life’s moments. A future where we keep dreaming bigger. We look
for people with passion, talent, and curiosity, and provide them with
the teammates, resources and opportunities to unleash their full
potential.The power we create together – when we combine your strengths
with ours – is unstoppable. Are you ready to join a team that dreams as
big as you do?
To guarantee financial excellence at the
brewery, implement stringent controls, foster accountability. Ensure the
reliability of cost accounting key figures and/or P/L reporting for the
brewery. Additionally, prioritize operational discipline, enhance
visibility and predictability for price and performance in advance of
1) Cost Leadership
of the plant’s closing cycle, ensuring the accuracy and reliability of
the results including transfer price, VIC/VLC, ZBB and plant asset
- Ensure first time right postings, Avoid accounting errors and postings of manual journals.
responsibility for managing plant inventory and capital expenditure
(CAPEX). This involves ensuring compliance with booking procedures,
onsite management, and reviewing internal process compliance. The
primary goal is to ensure that asset bookings conform to PRC and IFRS
standards, asset management processes align with internal control
policies, and relevant processes operate as efficiently as possible.
2) Controls and Compliance
- Serve as the first line of defense and oversee the execution of controls as defined by Internal Control.
that the brewery’s assigned controls accurately reflect the reality of
the processes. This includes reviewing the PR-GR cycle, co-product
lifecycle, and returnable package management.
- Oversee both
internal and external tax reporting for the plant. Work closely with the
tax team to ensure timely completion of tax filings, respond to
inquiries, and meet tax inspection requirements mandated by the local
3) Forecasting & Planning
- Support brewery operations, Zone Financial Planning and PPM teams on the forecast by providing inputs for LE & 1 YP
4) Cost Management
- Analyze costs, variances on yields and consumptions
- Reasonability/accuracy of accruals
of utility costs (water, electricity, effluent) between internal and
municipal readings & ensure accuracy of the accrual
- GRN Compliance (Open PO Management, UOM receipting accuracy)
and understanding of the reallocation journals at the plant. Root cause
analysis and process improvement to reduce number of journals.
- Approve journals and ensure DAG compliance
- Co-products – Ensuring that its accurately accounted for (Invoicing completeness, sundry debtor aging)
- Returnable packaging – Accurate Accounting + Controls
- MBFU recharge reconciliation (Missing, broken, foreign, unwashable glass)
5) Inventory Management
- Ensure Inventory management compliance of FG’s, RM and Spare Parts
count controls (Quarterly stock count review, reconciliation and ensure
that differences are posted) Monthly Review & Quarterly attendance
- Stock movements analysis and investigate anomalies
6) Capex Management
- Ensuring capitalization is captured correctly
- Validation of Capitalization to the plant
- Physical verification of assets
- Impairments (identify, and request bookings)
- ZBB and UPP policy compliance
7) Tax Compliance
- Invoicing Management and the full scope of internal and external tax reporting for the plant.
- Excise validation – calculated and shared by the BSC. SARS/RA POC at the plant
- Excise rebate liaison with RA and ensuring the decanting certificate is issued.
closely with the Business Control Center (BCC) tax team to complete tax
filings, respond to inquiries, and meet tax inspection requirements
from the local authority.
- Maintain a network among HQ tax, BCC tax, tax compliance, planning, and all other tax-related routines.
8) Financial Planning & Analysis
- Support the Financial Planning and PPM teams on the forecast by providing inputs for LE & 1 year plan
- CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
- Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
- PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
- Bachelor or Master in Business, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or CA
- 2 to 3 + years, in industry context
- Knowledge of SAP/Syspro, Business Warehouse, Anaplan is a plus
- Previous controlling experience ( preferably site manufacturing )
- Working knowledge of Accounting
- Strong leadership skills
- Good communicator and the ability to work with financial and non-financial collaborators
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to synthesize complex issues into actionable activities
- Capacity to anticipate future trends and developments
No Direct reports
Location of function: Tanzania, Mwanza