Jhpiego Tanzania Jobs 2023
Jhpiego is an international non-profit health
organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For more than
46 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by
designing and implementing effective, iow-cost, hands-on solutions to
strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their
By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday
practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health
care for the world’s most vulnerable populations.
implementing a number of projects in Tanzania, wishes to recruit the
following positions below, available for immediate filling…
Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Posted Date (5/23/2023 3:41 PM)
Job ID 2023-5180
Category International Positions
Employment Status Full-Time
Challenge Initiative (TCI) implements a demand driven approach in the
delivery of family planning selected geographies (cities, municipal
councils, district councils). The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
will provide management and technical support, with a focus on M&E,
for the project. This includes advancing the project’s goals and
objectives, supporting activities, adapting/ designing and implementing
approach for tracking and communicating and disseminating results. This
position is open to Tanzanian nationals only and the applications will
be recieved by 6th June, 2023.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
- Adapt/ develop M&E framework, tools, methods, reports
- Develop and implement M&E work plan, activities and related budget
technical assistance (coaching and mentoring) to TCI
partners/geographies in M&E, data systems and data visualization
- Assess status of project implementation and form part of a core team to identify challenges, solutions and implement them
- Participate as key member of MER department and adhere to departmental and organizational norms and standards
in the assessment, design and implementation of appropriate evidence
based family planning innovations/interventions in selected geographies.
- Provide technical reviews and strategic inputs into the
design, adoption and simplification of key Tupange Pamoja interventions
including the FP Tool Kit, TCI University, TCI Community of Practice,
training curricula and best practices and other program materials.
- Support and provide technical input in the development of study protocols for program evaluation
advocacy and marketing activities for a demand-driven approach and
scale up of FP innovations focusing on urban areas in both the
government and private sectors in Tanzania in collaboration with AFP
Tanzania and other stakeholders.
- Provide technical assistance
(coaching and mentoring) in landscaping and proposal development to
selected geographies to ensure that program strategies result into
greatest impact, scaled and sustained.
- Develop/adapt and implement a knowledge management framework fostering use of data for decision making
guidance on various data related capacity building initiatives e.g.
Data use to increase data utilization within the TCI
- Participate actively in the
initiative annual work planning and program progress review meetings at
all levels including at geography/district/municipal level.
- Promote sharing of TCI East African Hub results and program learnings through various platforms including Journals and abstracts
TCI at National/International fora and technical meetings, facilitating
dissemination and use of project data among key stakeholders
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2023 (1,475 POSTS)
- Advanced degree in public health, demography, statistics, social sciences or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum two years in a management capacity
- Minimum of six years of work experience in monitoring and evaluating health and/or development projects
- Demonstrated expertise working in a leadership capacity with international donors, senior government officials and policymakers
strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with
proven ability to function effectively with multiple host-country
counterparts in both the public and NGO sectors
- Demostrated work experience in Bill and Melinda Gate Foundation Projects.
- M&E experience in family planning
- Familiarity with Tanzania health management information system and other national M&E systems
expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, operations
research, health management information systems, reporting, data quality
assessments, data analysis and presentation
- Excellent written
and oral communications skills in English and Kiswahili, including
demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
technical skills, including ability to process and analyze data using
one or more statistical software packages, including at least one of the
following: SPSS, Epi-Info, Stata, MS Access
- Proficient in data visualization packages
- Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office
- Availability and willingness to travel up to 30% time
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
a Johns Hopkins University affiliate, is an equal opportunity employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status,
pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran
status, other legally protected characteristics or any other
occupationally irrelevant criteria. Jhpiego promotes Affirmative Action
for minorities, women, individuals who are disabled, and veterans.
EEO is the Law