💥The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Jobs
Standard Job Description
Senior Logistics Associate
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
delivers timely and quality goods and services to Persons of Concern
(POC) in compliance with supply chain rules and procedures.
Senior Logistics Associate manages and supports all activities
pertaining to the logistics function including planning, sourcing &
procurement, transport, customs clearance, warehousing. The position may
be located at Headquarters (within DESS), in a Regional Bureau or in a
The incumbent is
supervised by the (Senior) Logistics Officer or other senior staff with
logistics oversight function who defines the objectives and provides
general guidance. The incumbent may supervise some general service
and/or AWF staff.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Senior Logistics Associate maintains regular contact on a working level
on routine issues with other UNHCR offices, UN agencies, NGOs,
government partners and commercial contractors in the area to facilitate
performing the logistics function. The duty of the Senior Logistics
Associate is to support and monitor the management of material resources
within the geographical area covered while exercising efficiency in the
use of the available resources.
All UNHCR staff members are
accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job
description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with
the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN
Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative
Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition,
staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a
manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and
managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism,
integrity and respect for diversity.
compliance with supply chain rules and procedures, support the related
logistics activities to facilitate UNHCR end to end processes resulting
in a timely and quality delivery of goods and services to POC.
– Prepare plans for delivery of relief and other non-food items according to the operational needs and provide regular updates.
In emergency situations (refugees, internally displaced persons and/or
any other person/s of concern to UNHCR), support the coordination with
all stakeholders to ensure that the Organization is able to, in a timely
and cost-efficient manner, provide core relief and non-food items.
– Apply UNHCR’s sourcing & procurement strategy when planning for purchase of important commodities and services.
Prepare supply chain management plans, implement them and provide
information on the status of requests and the availability of items in
the different steps of the supply chain.
– Maintain accurate and
comprehensive records on logistical activities and provide timely
reports and updates both periodically and on request.
– Evaluate purchase requisitions to ensure that specifications and all other requirements are in order.
– Draft and dispatch quotation requests, conduct secondary solicitation and assist in the evaluation of offers (when required).
Prepare Purchase Orders and send confirmations, requests for inspection
and other correspondence, and monitor the manufacture/transport of
ordered goods to ensure timely delivery.
– Provide guidance and
advice on UNHCR procurement policies and procedures to support and
assist requesting Operations, HQ entities and others, as applicable.
Monitor the quality and accuracy of supply chain related data in
relevant business systems. Compile and analyse statistical information,
identify trends and developments in supply chain related matters that
assist in decision making.
– Disseminate, promote commitment to and
monitor compliance with UNHCR’s global policies, standards and guidance
on supply chain management.
– Establish and monitor the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for logistics services.
– Make recommendations to senior management on resource allocation to support on-going operations.
Assist the supervisor in identifying organizational and procedural gaps
in the present arrangements for release and transportation of CRIs and
propose further improvements to enhance the process.
– Prepare and disseminate quarterly and annual statistical reports including weekly update to all stakeholders.
– Coordinate with Emergency Supply Unit, freight forwarders, and emergency operations for the release of the relief items.
– Coordinate with Emergency Supply Unit and other units in SLS regarding the replenishment of the stock and relief items.
Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
In the Regional Bureaux:
Track the progress of specific Operations and advice senior regional
and/or country management including guidance that ensures timely
implementation and/or corrective actions, as required.
– Assist in the consolidation of the current warehouse structure and perform monthly reconciliation of the stock.
– Assist in coaching and advising individuals as requested.
– Track global logistics KPIs for the region and assist in devising regional ones, as required.
Monitor all periodic supply exercises such as monthly reconciliations,
quarterly physical inventory exercises, and year-end accounts closure
procedures and ensure compliance through provision of guidance and
advice to senior regional and country managers.
– Assist Country Operations in MSRP management.
Support the analysis of country financial reports and work with the
Country Operations Supply Team leaders to address red areas relating to
supply aspects of Operations by providing advice and corrective measures
in compliance with Supply and Financial rules and regulations.
Support the country needs assessment plans and ensure their full
inclusion/reflection in the regional procurement plans and monitor the
In the Country Operations:
warehouse management; monitor the manufacturing/ transporting of ordered
goods and transit of goods between UNHCR warehouses to ensure timely
– Provide support in fleet management tasks whenever required.
– Ensure that PPE agreements are properly issued and signed.
– Ensure proper preparation of disposal forms and cases for the Asset Management Board.
Provide asset management reports, customised reports, and gather
information on all assets and provide in depth reports periodically and
– Ensure local liaison with partners to effectively support the logistical activities.
Provide effective local support to UNHCR supply chain to develop an
infrastructure that accommodates the needs of its operation.
– Manage storage of goods according to “best practices” and UNHCR rules and regulations.
Initiate and/or coordinate tax exemption of consignments, import
customs clearance (when applicable) and liaise with local agent(s)/focal
point(s) to ensure exemptions, permits etc. are obtained in a timely
– Coordinate logistics activities of UNHCR partners and/or
contractors performing supply related activities and ensure that they
understand and adhere to relevant UNHCR rules and procedures.
– Establish PPE status through regular physical verification.
Manage PPE disposal process for the old/obsolete items according to
Asset Management Board decisions and plan for replacement items.
Implement effective asset and fleet management that regularly monitors
the asset/fleet pool, saves cost and safeguards the investment of the
Organisation including receipt, inspection, registration & marking
of new Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE), and organisation of the
physical verification of PPE.
– Adapt local supply chain structures
to be consistent with the operational needs. Ensure effective
information flow in the supply chain and adapt local process to the
– Establish a stock management system.
– Assist in the coordination of and reporting on the deployment of Non-Expendable Property.
– Ensure stock inventory in MSRP is updated.
– Ensure that safety and security of stocks is maintained throughout the warehouse cycle.
– Decide on applicable internal system to ensure systematic conduct of warehousing processes.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
G7 – 4 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years
relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2023 (1,319 POSTS)
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
- Logistics Supply Management Trade
- International Commerce Business Administration Economics
- Finance Engineering Supply Chain Learning Programme
- or other relevant field.
- (Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
- Logistics, Supply Chain Management and/or relevant experience.
- Experience in dealing with Emergencies is of high advantage.
- Other UN procurement and logistics training – such as IAPSO and UNPD.
- Experience in commercial air charter operations.
- Experience in customs formalities.
- Experience in logistics or warehousing.
- IT-Computer Literacy
- SC-Asset Management
- SC-Customs clearance
- SC-Fleet Management
- SC-PeopleSoft Supply Chain Management
- SC-Public procurement
- SC-Supply Planning
- SC-Warehouse Management
- (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English
and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working
language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute
towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and
empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no
tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual
harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in
preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing
dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and
support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title
and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional
essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific
operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by
reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the
screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
Desired Candidate Profile
– Receiving all Local and HQs Purchase Orders i.e: Services and Goods.
– Barcoding all assets and enter the correct data in MSRP.
– Tracking assets by conducting physical verification as well as reporting the discrepancies.
Generating the system Disposal Request, Right of Use Agreement for
assets used by Partners as well as Transfer of Ownership Agreement.
Submission of all Disposal Request from all offices as per applicable
threshold and follow up the implementation of the decision.
– Retire assets (STIs) in MSRP
– Ordering of New Vehicles through GFM/Transfer Request or Donation
Register all UNHCR light and heavy-duty vehicles for office use and
staff members (international category) as well as cancellation of plate
numbers once disposal through sale is over through the Government of
Tanzania Authorities as the need arises.
– Prepare in advance request
through the Ministry of Finance and Planning for vehicles (heavy and
light duty) that require exemption (Government Notice) through the
Minister of Finance and Planning, Dodoma.
– Keeping all registration cards for all vehicles under UNHCR custody
Keep tracking of all accidents
– Proceed with Insurance of all vehicles and motorcycles to include COMESA
– Keep records under E-Safe for all disposal of vehicles (light and heavy duty)
Preparation of fuel order (Bulky) for UNHCR Office Kibondo to include reconciliation of invoices for payment.
Clearing and Forwarding:
– Prepare all kind of exemption i.e. PRO6 and ITX.265.01.E
Prepare tabulation for offer submitted by Clearing Agent (holders of
Long-Term Agreement with ONE UN) for clearance of imported cargo, to
enable choose the 1st lowest bidder (best value for money)
– Follow up imported items until it reaches to the destination.
– Process invoices for all above
RFQ, RFP, ITB or EOI as requested, solicitation of offer after the
deadline as well as generating system Purchase Order to the successful
verification and transfer of items through MSRs
Required languages (expected Overall ability is at least B2 level):
Occupational Safety and Health Considerations:
Nature of Position:
Living and Working Conditions:
Literacy, SC-Asset Management, SC-Customs clearance, SC-Fleet
Management, SC-Logistics, SC-PeopleSoft Supply Chain Management,
SC-Public procurement, SC-Supply Planning, SC-Warehouse Management
Administration – Other, Commerce – Other, Economics – Other,
Engineering – Other, Finance – Other, HCR Supply Chain Learning Program –
UNHCR, Logistics – Other, Supply Management – Other, Trade – Other
Analytical thinking, Client & results orientation, Commitment to
continuous learning, Communication, Judgement & decision making,
Managing resource, Organizational awareness, Planning & organizing,
Teamwork & collaboration, Technological awareness
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
UNHCR Salary Calculator
This position doesn’t require a functional clearance
Job Posting End Date March 22, 2023.