|The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)|
Aga Khan Foundation
Finance Assistant is required to oversee day-to-day financial
management and accounting transactions for the AGECS project. The
Finance Assistant will work closely with Country Finance Manager, Senior
Finance officer Grants, and National Project Coordinator to provide
support to AGECS Implementing Partners (IPs) on project finance matters.
Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
in providing technical support to implementing partners to ensure
project funds are properly managed to achieve intended project
- Support in the timely preparation of quarterly financial reports submitted to donor and management reports.
up and review implementing partners’ reports to ensure accuracy,
completeness, and compliance with financial management, donor rule, and
- Review the partner’s cash request and prepare appropriate documents for subsequent funds transfer.
- Ensure proper records, filing, and documentation in soft and hard copies of financial information for the project.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual project budget.
- Ensure project assets are well maintained and monthly timesheets are completed for all project staff.
- Support internal and external audits for the project.
- Support in ensuring monthly statutory deductions are submitted on time.
- Provide support on the processing of payments as per AKF policies and procedures and Donor rules and regulations.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or its equivalent with strong analytical skills.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience preferably with a Non-governmental Organization (NGO) implementing donor-funded projects.
- Experience working with and supporting implementing partners.
- Competent in the use of MS Office software (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, etc, and any other accounting software).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – proficiency in English and Kiswahili is mandatory.
- Self-motivated, good organization and management skills including a demonstrated ability to prioritize workloads.
to work with multiple tasks, demands, and deadlines, with a positive
and constructive attitude under minimal supervision.
- Able to work both independently and within a team, in person and remotely.
- Able to learn from and adapt to complex situations, with a problem-solving and open-minded attitude.
to acting ethically and upholding safeguarding standards toward all
staff, volunteers, and beneficiaries of the organization
- Ability to explain complex situations in simple terms (Communication)
- Personal commitment to working as a reliable, honest, & trustworthy member of a team
to meet deadlines and able to organize work effectively whilst being
proactive and showing initiative and tenacity (achieving results)
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
About the Agency
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF),
alongside its sister AKDN agencies, has implemented innovative,
community-driven solutions to development challenges for over 50 years.
It brings together human, financial and technical resources to address
some of the challenges faced by the poorest and most marginalised
communities in the world. Special emphasis is placed on investing in
human potential, expanding opportunity and improving the overall quality
of life, especially for women and girls. It works primarily in six
areas: Agriculture and Food Security; Economic Inclusion; Education;
Early Childhood Development; Health and Nutrition; and Civil Society.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Region Eastern Africa
Salary Salary and package to attract the best candidate
Job Expires 02-Mar-2023