|National Institute for Medical Research|
National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) Jobs 2023
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR)
is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23
of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) and became operational in 1980. NIMR-Mwanza
Research Centre (MMRC) is one of the NIMR Centers located in Mwanza
The Centre is currently conducting research on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis,
non-communicable diseases (NCDs) as well as other diseases of public
health importance. The National Institute
for Medical Research is looking for the qualified, experienced and
well-motivated personnel to fill vacant position to work with the PARENT
APP Project. Duty station will be at NIMR Mwanza Centre.
PARENT APP PROJECT:
is collaborating with the University of Oxford, UK and University of
Cape Town, South Africa to conduct a two-arm cluster randomised
controlled trial to test the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of
ParentApp (an evidence-based parenting app for parents and caregivers of
adolescents aged 10-18 years) on improving parenting, reducing violence
and assessing processes and outcomes which address parenting skills
that promote holistic adolescent development, specifically related to
executive function and social integration using a learning through play
approach. The study is being conducted in two regions – Mwanza and
Shinyanga in Tanzania.
DATA OFFICER (1 POST)
JOB POSITION: DATA OFFICER (1 POST)
REPORTING: The post holder will be reporting to the Principal Investigator (PI)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
develop and refine guidelines on good research data practices, ensuring
that data management is integrated with existing data collection
procedures for the study;
- To maintain the hardware and software related to the study;
- To develop data management and data cleaning plans;
set up data monitoring procedures, reviewing and analyzing data
discrepancies, managing and resolving data quality issues together with
the field-based staff and other staff, and writing routine reports to
the study team;
- To ensure that the data collected is of high quality and is properly stored;
perform complex technical work associated with the installation;
configuration, administration and maintenance of server systems as well
as related software and applications;
- To manage and service the server and to provide direct technical leadership in the server and security disciplines; and
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
of a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/ or
Health Informatics is required; ii. Strong management, inter-personal
and communication skills;
- Excellent knowledge of server, storage and security technology and industry standard best practices;
- Ability to recognize and set priorities and to use initiative and independent decision-making skills;
- Ability to organize, direct, motivate and evaluate services team, mentor others, and foster a team environment;
- At least 3 years of work experience in data systems, programming in the health sector with health information systems.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
TERMS OF SERVICE:
One (1) year contract which may be renewed on annually based on performance and mutual agreement.
The successful candidate will be based at NIMR Mwanza Centre.
A competitive salary will be offered to the successful candidate as per project budget.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Application letters should be written in English;
Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academic
certificates including form four and six certificates;
Application letters should be attached with detailed curriculum vitae;
All applications should be addressed to:
National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) Mwanza Centre,
Mwanza. Or through email: email@example.com
The deadline for submitting the application is 22nd February, 2023.