|National Bank of Commerce|
Manager Compliance Monitoring & Testing
locations Head Office NBC
time type Full time
job requisition id R-15947586
is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of
experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and
investment banking, wealth management products and services.
Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
•Plan, execute and manage monitoring and testing
assignments in accordance with the NBC Compliance Monitoring plan and
relevant policies, procedures and quality standards. He is responsible
for the quality of monitoring activities to ensure NBC adherence to
external and internal regulations and policies.
Accountability: Functional Management and Business Coordination (Weighting 80%)
- To plan, coordinate and finalize monitoring reviews in line with the Compliance Assurance Methodology
- To enable the distribution of the Announcement Memo on completion of the planning phase.
conduct opening meetings either physically or by means of
teleconferences to communicate the purpose, objectives and approach to
line management on the first day of each review.
- Develop testing
strategies for key controls within the business in order to adequately
mitigate the risks by confirming that the testing strategies address the
- Execute tests to assess the Design Effectiveness (DEA)
and, Operational Effectiveness (OET) of the controls in place or
Outcome Testing (OT) to ensure compliance with relevant regulatory and
policy requirements, in line with Compliance M&T methodology and
ensure working papers are of high quality.
- Engage with Head of
Monitoring & Testing on an ongoing basis during the review
assignments for necessary guidance or interventions.
timely submission of the working papers to enable the Head of Monitoring
and Training timely review and provision of effective feedback on the
testing work performed.
- Engage with stakeholders on progress of
the monitoring activities so that they are aware of issues identified
timely and are aware of the progress of the monitoring assignment.
findings as early as possible so that issues identified can be
discussed with management to confirm the assessment and agree actions
with stakeholders prior to completion of fieldwork and write concise,
accurate reports so that stakeholders understand the testing scope of
the assignment and the testing conclusions reached.
- Review management action plans to confirm that the identified risks will be mitigated.
- Ensure high quality, timely and consistent delivery of all Monitoring deliverables (e.g. working papers, reports etc.)
- Track and monitor findings on an ongoing basis and provide accurate and complete Management Information.
- Ensure compliance to the NBC owned policies, legislation and regulation through testing to identify areas of non-compliance.
with stakeholders and peers on issues relating to regulatory risk
assessment, Management Information reporting issues and regulator
relations, as well as to work in close cooperation with other control
functions such as Internal Audit, Operational Risk, Financial Crime etc.
and champion the Annual Monitoring Plan with a variety of senior
stakeholders as well as communicate the results of Monitoring reviews
and enforce remediation as necessary, enhancing the compliance culture.
- Seek opportunities, within Compliance and business in order to enhance compliance processes, procedures and culture.
your proposals to the Head of Monitoring & Testing on the
innovative ways to improve the oversight provided to business so that
efficiency and effective monitoring can be achieved.
- Keep up to
date on regulatory-related issues across a range of topics by awareness
of current regulatory changes, training sessions.
- Be aware of
changes to business and their plans to ensure appropriate mapping of
Monitoring activities through discussions with management and other
assurance providers so that monitoring activities can be planned.
Head of Monitoring and Testing to own, build and manage relationship
with key stakeholders (both internal and external to ensure that they
are made- and remain-aware of the value-added by the Monitoring function
and its activities.
- To maintain and embed a high level of
professionalism in all interactions with business and colleagues in
terms of verbal and written communication with minimum negative feedback
received from business and by responding professionally and promptly to
written communications with business stakeholders and Personal
appearance by adhering to required corporate dress code, operating
within acceptable/formal business norms during meetings.
- To display and adhere to the NBC Values in all activities daily with no negative comments in this regard.
- To develop innovative ways to improve the oversight provided.
- To ensure 100% attestation is maintained for all compliance trainings that will be conducted for new and existing staff.
- To be aware of changes to the NBC businesses and their plans.
- Ensure adherence to code of conduct.
- Ensure satisfactory service delivery while executing all monitoring assignments.
Accountability: Reporting (Weighting 20%)
effective, accurate and robust reporting and MI is maintained for
Monitoring & Testing to meet the needs and expectation of various
- Keep Head of Monitoring & Testing &
Colleagues informed on NBC’s policies and regulations during monitoring
activities which may pose financial and reputational risk to the
- Periodic reports to the Head of Monitoring and Testing on the results of the Monitoring reviews.
Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Business, Commerce and Management
Studies, Compliance Advisory & Interpretation (Meets some of the
requirements and would need further development), Compliance Experience,
Digital familiarity (Meets some of the requirements and would need
further development), Ethics and values (Meets all of the requirements),
Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need
further development), Reasoning (Meets all of the requirements)
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Risk (Meets some of the requirements and would need further
development), Digital familiarity (Meets some of the requirements and
would need further development), Experience in a similar environment,
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC) – Business, Commerce
and Management Studies, Openness to change (Meets some of the
requirements and would need further development), Reasoning (Meets all
of the requirements)