Job ID: R-57510
Category: Supply Chain
Location: Mufindi, Iringa
Purpose of Role
SHE Officer support the development, maintenance, implementation and
monitoring of Safety Health and Environmental Systems for ekaterra Tea
Tanzania within the unit. The SHE Officer will collaboratively deliver
this strategy through simple, effective and scalable systems to
proactively mitigate risk and improve our preparedness to keep our staff
safe and healthy. S/he will also be
responsible for contributing to the response to any situations that do
arise, such as staff injury in the field, factory or offices or liaising
with local authorities in the aftermath of safety incidents.
Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
- Hold regular (weekly) check-ins with Global SHE to discuss findings and determine necessary safety communications strategy.
- May be required to provide after-hours support on an ad-hoc basis to staff involved in safety incidents.
as a primary or secondary responder to safety incidents involving all
staff during office hours, and escalating incident response management
to SHE & Site leadership when necessary.
- Complete safety
assessment checklists and develop recommended risk mitigation measures
with some guidance from both local Global SHE leadership.
- Ensure the implementation of safety and compliance at all office/residence locations
weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual safety updates to ekaterra Tea
Tanzania (eTT) SHE manager and eTT leadership when necessary.
coordination with SHE Manager plan the H&S activities, defining the
measures required to be implemented on site, in accordance with the
legislation, internal policies and OHS Plan.
- Verify with local
authorities the conformity with the regulations, the mandatory licenses
and reports. Verify the existence and validity of the mandatory
H&S documentation of the Subcontractors and all the workers on site.
the Health and Safety culture among all the workers, disseminating
awareness campaigns, making Induction Trainings, Tool-box-Trainings and
Emergency Drill Exercises.
- Distribute and/or verify the use of the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and their condition.
internal H&S inspections and audits, collecting evidence and
reporting incidents and nonconformities, searching for continuous
improvements of the processes.
- Collect and report periodically the data needed for the H&S KPIs calculations and monitoring.
- Provide First-aid assistance in case of accidents
the necessary measures to maintain the cleanliness and hygiene on the
site, preventing and taking care of any possible illness situation
affecting eTT employees.
- Participate in emergency and fire-fighting teams in accordance with the specific plans.
Qualifications & Experience Required
in Food Science, Production Technology, Agricultural, Mechanical,
Electrical Engineering, BSc Chemistry, Environmental Science, Resource
Management, Agriculture or General Science
- Certificate in Safety Management
- NEBOSH Certificate
- 3 years relevant experience.
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in a role that requires action as a first responder to safety incidents.
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields
to 5 years of working experience in a relevant role preferable on
construction projects (preferably in the energy sector), FMCG, Mining
- OHS specific trainings, as H&S Techniques, First-aid, Firefighting, SHE reps, NOSC I and NOSCH II
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Management System – ISO 45001
- Fluent in English and Swahili
- Used to work with international, multi-cultural teams.
- Good communication skills
- Resilient under stressful conditions and adverse environmental
- Creative problem solving for critical projects/ on site crisis situations.
- Very good planning skills
experience in applying legislation and policies related to Occupational
Health and Safety, Healthcare Waste Management and Environmental
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to
drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for
our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We
believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and
drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in
every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes
you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we
encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we
can support you through your recruitment journey.