|Embassy of Ireland|
Embassy of Ireland Tanzania Jobs, 2023
Vacancy: Finance Assistant
Embassy of Ireland, Dar es Salaam
mission is to promote and protect abroad the values, interests and
economic well-being of Ireland and its people. We do this under the
political direction of our Ministers, through our staff at home and
through our Embassy network abroad.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
goal of the Embassy of Ireland is to promote Ireland’s values and
interests in Tanzania and across the Great Lakes sub-region, in line
with Ireland’s commitment to delivering the Sustainable Development
Goals. The Embassy seeks to advance Ireland’s values and interests
through support for peace, prosperity and equality, with a focus on
women and girls in Tanzania
The Embassy of Ireland is seeking to
recruit a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join a growing
team in the position of Finance Assistant in the Embassy.
Finance Assistant – Overview:
candidate will be supported to complete the CPA / ACCA training
programme (or other internationally recognised accountancy
- The contract will be offered on a three-year renewable basis, including a probationary period.
salary TSH 43,882,355 annually, including a 13th month, plus health
insurance and training opportunities. Salaries are paid direct to a bank
account; therefore, the successful candidate must have a bank account.
the direction of the Head of Finance (HOF), work directly with Finance
Team to support the achievement of results in the relevant sectors and
Embassy business outcomes.
- Support HOF in the day-to-day
financial management and control to the financial resources allocated to
the Embassy and Aid Programme.
- Support HOF in the timely
provision of financial information for reporting to headquarters in
Ireland and to the Embassy management.
- Support HOF budget process, ongoing monitoring of expenditure against budget.
HOF in ensuring the Embassy is compliant with the local regulatory
system, with particular emphasis on payroll taxes, pension liabilities
- Support HOF in ensuring compliance with all financial procedures as prescribed.
- Support HOF in ensuring the risk of fraud is minimised.
routine technical advice on financial issues (as per the Financial
Policy & Procedures Manual) and systems improvements to
administration and programme staff.
- Other duties as required from time to time and directed by Head of Finance.
Essential Requirements candidates must be able to demonstrate:
candidate must have a Degree in Accounting, finance or business,
Postgraduate Degree in Accounting, finance or business or pursuing
- The candidate must have a minimum of three years of relevant experience;
candidate must demonstrate experience (through examples) of financial
analysis and budget management;The candidate must have proven record
showing a very high degree of integrity and trust;
- The candidate must be fluent in English;
candidate must demonstrate using examples, their working knowledge of
Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel); including setting up
complex linked spread sheets & using formulae to monitor Budget vs
- Commitment to study or already started study of professional certification in Accounting (ACCA, CIMA or CPA)
applicants must have a permanent legal right to reside and work in
Tanzania prior to recruitment.The candidate must demonstrate using work
based examples of providing excellent interpersonal skills, being
persuasive, working in a team but also dealing effectively with people
in external organisations;
- The candidate must provide evidence
of flexibility, efficiency and effectiveness showing strong
organizational skills, attention to detail, an ability to work under
pressure and to manage multiple tasks;
- The candidate must
provide examples of being solutions-oriented, and committed to
delivering results, including by adapting approaches if necessary;
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience with SUN System and the Q&A Reporting module will be an added advantage;
- Experience in payroll;Previous experience in a diplomatic mission is desirable, but not essential.
Terms and conditions of employment:
- The successful candidates will be hired on a three-year renewable contract;
- Training opportunity to pursue CPA(T)/ACCA qualification may be provided at the discretion of Management;
- Medical Insurance will be provided;
salary for the position is TSH 3,375,566 per month paid locally (TSH
43,882,355 annually, including a 13th month). Salary scales are fixed
How to apply
The Job Description and Application Form for this position is available on our website.
Completed application forms should be sent via e-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Finance Assistant” Application Form: Financial Assistant
Applications must be received before 17:00hrs (local time) on 24 February 2023
CVs or cover letters will not be accepted.
(No applications will be accepted after this deadline) OR (Depending on response rates the deadline may be extended).
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.
on the number of applications received, short-listed candidates may be
called for a competency-based interview informed by the Essential
- It is planned that interviews will be held before the end of March 2023.
- A skills test may be included in the recruitment process;
- A second and third interview may be included in the recruitment process; and
- A panel may be set up depending on the calibre of candidates;
General Data Protection Regulation:
All personal information received will be kept in line with GDPR guidelines
Security Clearance for Local Staff
security clearance will be sought in respect of individuals who come
under consideration for appointment. Enquiries may also be made with the
police force of any country in which the applicant under consideration
for appointment resided. If unsuccessful, this information will be
destroyed. If the applicant subsequently comes under consideration for
another position, they will be required to supply this information
Please note that canvassing will disqualify applicants.
The Embassy of Ireland is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity.