|The Sasamani Foundation|
Education Program Coordinator
Education Program Coordinator Job at Sasamani Foundation Tanzania February, 2023
The Sasamani Foundation
Sasamani Foundation envisions a future in which all possibilities for
women and girls in East Africa are equitable and attainable. The mission
is to increase access to education and employment opportunities for
women and girls, empowering them to shape their futures and cultivate
positive change in their communities. We are currently looking for an
Education Program Coordinator in Bagamoyo, Tanzania.
part of a small, dynamic team impacting significant change in students’
lives. Sasamani’s Education Program activities ensure that
Sasamani-sponsored students can focus on their education, experience
increased self-confidence, become self-reliant, and achieve their
dreams. In 2023, Sasamani will scale the Education Program and recruit
100 students for the Sasamani Sponsorship, equaling a total of 200
Sasamani-sponsored students from Bagamoyo, Tanzania. Also, Sasamani will
launch Tech4All, a computer certificate program for Sasamani-sponsored
students. The Education Program Coordinator has a vital role in these
exciting developments and get involved in all aspects of the Education
Program’s day-to-day operations.
Education Program Coordinator will work closely with the Education
Director to support students, advocate for their educational, emotional,
mental, and physical well-being, and implement Education Program
activities. They will be required to adhere to Sasamani Ethics and Code
of Conduct to improve and maintain program performance while maintaining
a good working relationship with all stakeholders. Other duties include
fieldwork, data collection, and petty cash keeping. The Sasamani
Foundation is looking for someone with initiative, a creative problem
solver, with a willingness to learn. The position reports directly to
the Education Director.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Sponsorship program: work with all stakeholders, including
Sasamani-sponsored students, schools, the local government, and
caretakers, to help the Sasamani-students thrive.
- Counseling Sasamani-sponsored students,
- Conducting home visits,
- Visiting Sasamani’s partner secondary schools monthly,
- Coordinating sponsor communications,
- Identifying Sasamani-sponsored students’ challenges and suggesting opportunities.
2) Tech4All: The Education Program Coordination will implement the new program effectively.
The activities will include
- Preparing the schedule for computer classes.
- Communicating with Sasamani-sponsored students.
- Ensuring the computer lab rules get followed.
- Tech4All logistics are effectively implemented.
Accountability and community building: Work with the Executive Director
and Sasamani staff members to maintain an excellent professional
Activities might include
- Relationship building with Sasamani stakeholders, partners, and beneficiaries,
- Submitting updates to sponsors on time,
- Submitting activity reports on time,
- Attending meetings, including school meetings and local government meetings,
- Handling petty cash books
- Working with interns, i.e., making sure they settle in an office and the community.
- Any other duties assigned
- Basic computer skills, including MS Office
- Diploma or degree in Social Science subjects from a reputable institute.
- Passion for working with the community
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- No criminal background or bad recommendations from people in the community
- Good written and verbal English communication skills.
Location and Commitments
- Full-time role based at the Sasamani Office in Bagamoyo, Tanzania
- Occasional working on Saturdays to visit Sasamani-sponsored students
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Compensation and benefits
- The gross salary ranges from 1,000,000 to 1,500,000 TZS monthly.
- Benefits include health insurance and one month of paid annual leave.
- A two-year contract and the possibility for extension.
- Opportunity to excel in term of leadership skills.
How to apply
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 22 February 2023.
Send an email to email@example.com with the following attachments:
1. Resume or CV.
2. Cover Letter, which explains why you deserve the position.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Please use the following naming conventions for your files: LastName_FirstName_Resume, and LastName_FirstName_CoverLetter.
the body of your email, please list 1-3 character references with an
email address, preferably from previous employers, although academic
references are permitted.
Please also indicate your soonest start
date. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.