Foundation Tanzania, 2023
Country Director – Tanzania
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Foundation is a rights-based development NGO that works towards a
vision of a world free from poverty. Our most important interventions in
the fight against poverty are education, economic inclusion / job
creation and a strong civil society. This gives hundreds of thousands of
people the opportunity to climb out of poverty, every year.
are a decentralised organisation. With offices in West Africa, East
Africa and Asia consisting only of local employees, we work through
local partners in 11 countries. We implement our programmes through
local partner organisations.
Our Organisational Headquarters is
in Kristiansand, Norway, and has a coordinating, capacity building and
fundraising role. Around 35 staff work in Kristiansand, and a total of
150 staff work for Stromme Foundation worldwide.
is a non-profit, value-based organization, and we want to create a
culture where we both live and are motivated by our core values of
dignity, justice, and solidarity.
We are opening a new country
office in Tanzania and are therefore looking for a Country Director to
fill this position. As a leader in this role, you see opportunities,
think strategically and work purposefully, while at the same time being
able to inspire and motivate your employees. The Country Director must
be a Tanzanian national.
We encourage anyone who is eligible to apply.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Scope of the position.
Country Director will have the overall responsibility for the
development, coordination, and implementation of country programs. The
Country Director will play a pioneering role in building up new
structures, developing new projects, working with, and identifying new
potential partners. The Country Director will be Stromme Foundation’s
resident representative in Tanzania.
The position will be on a 4-year contract with the possibility for renewal.
- Lead the development and implementation of the organization’s strategies and programs in a professional manner.
responsible for the management of the resources allocated to the
Tanzania country office, and ensure that decisions conform to Stromme
Foundation’s technical, administrative, and financial policies and
- Participate in the operational work towards the goals
for the country office and the organizationResponsible for the overall
compliance with country’s legal and tax requirements
- Be a visible and committed ambassador for Stromme foundation, and represent at national events, including interaction with media
and manage stakeholder relationships(government, private sector,
donors, and others) and represent the Foundation’s views and interests
in the country
- Be a leader who shows trust and motivates the country team, and empowers them with capacity building and good leadership
- Be a part of Stromme Foundation’s global leadership team
- The position reports to the Secretary General
- Relevant higher education
- At least 7 years of experience from development work
- Good leadership skills
- Management experience
- Understanding of Stromme Foundations development aid approach
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English. Personal qualities
- You are motivated by our mission to fight poverty
- You are a good relationship builder, who promotes collaboration across the organization
- You are friendly and positive, and enjoy making contacts and networking
- You are independent and able to work purposefully and structured in an occasionally hectic working day
- You are analytical and strategic
- You are culturally sensitive and willing to build “one organization” across borders and different offices
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
The Country Director will report to the Secretary General and will manage the country team.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications and CV’s to; firstname.lastname@example.org or to Stromme Foundation, Plot 1, Kololo Hill Drive, P.0 Box 27200, Kampala, by Sunday March 5th 2023.
you have any questions about the position. Please reach out to Regional
Director for East Africa, Patrick Wajero Oloo 256 781237834
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.