Game Tracker Safaris Ltd
Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New Job Vacancies at American Bar Association (ABA) Tanzania, 2023
Habitat Manager at Tanzania Game Tracker Safaris Limited (TGT) February, 2023
JOB ADVERT- Habitat Manager (1 Position)
Game Tracker Safaris Limited (TGT), whose address is P.O.Box 2782,
Arusha with extended operations to Maswa Game Reserves. The Company’s
main activities are tourism and conservation. We are currently looking
for a Habitat Manager to be part of our team. The role is based in Maswa
Manager will be responsible to implement, co-ordinate and report the
day-to-day activities of habitat management as set out by the Management
objectives for the Maswa Game Reserve and assist the Mwiba Ranch
Concession Manager as needed.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
with relevant government institutions to create management plans for
habitats to ensure that they are thriving in their current environments.
Knowledgeable in the factors that influence the quality of the habitat,
such as invasive species, climate change, and natural resource
- Ability to identify any changes in the habitat that may threaten the wildlife.
Develop and implement plans to manage the wildlife and habitat within
the protected area. This includes developing strategies to protect
endangered species and introducing conservation practices to improve the
quality of the habitat.
- Ability to monitor and manage the
resources within the protected area, such as water and food sources, to
ensure that they are available to the wildlife.
- Ability to identify any areas that are in need of improvement, such as damaged vegetation or water sources.
To identify and monitor the different species of wildlife that inhabit
the protected area. This includes monitoring the health, population and
behaviour of the animals.
- Provide education to the public about
the importance of the protected area, its wildlife and its conservation
efforts, this can include sharing information through lectures,
programs and events, as well as providing guidance to visitors.
Identify and record areas of concern relating to environmental
degradation and report, this will include road maintenance and water
- Designing and building structures such as fences and nesting boxes to facilitate animal management and conservation efforts.
PROFESSIONAL AND INTERPERSONAL DETAILS
- Diploma/bachelor’s degree in biology, ecology, botany, wildlife science, zoology or a related field
proficiency in computerized applications to Microsoft Office Software
(Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and basic Google Suite.
Experience and Skills:
- Three (3) to Five (5) years applied working experience in habitat management, or similar.
- Knowledge in applicable legislation pertaining to vegetation and alien invasive management.
- Knowledge of indigenous plants and the identification thereof.
- Knowledge of ecology and ecological systems and the effect of infrastructure.
- Knowledge of alien invasive vegetation and the management thereof.
- GIS experience will be advantageous.
- Must be able to maintain physical stamina to personally lead their area of responsibility.
- Assertiveness, patience and good organizational skills.
- Have the ability to work through periods of high demand and be ready to work after hours or on weekends.
- Highly motivated, self-disciplined and well organized.
- A meticulous degree of pride in their personal presentation.
- A passion for the industry, have a positive attitude and the ability to think out of the box.
- Be able to work independently.
- Humble, yet driven with a track record of performance
How to Apply:
are invited to submit their CV’s/Resumes and copy of certificates to P
& C Office (for hard copies or via email to: email@example.com
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
offers equal employment to qualified men and women and if you are not
contacted by the people & Culture department within thirty (30) days
after the closing date, you should consider your application as
Please forward applications before 15th February 2023.