LIFEWATER INTERNATIONAL – TANZANIA
Position Title: Sanitation and Hygiene Coordinator
Position Locations: Shinyanga Program Area
Managers Position: Area Program Manager
Supervises: Sanitation & Hygiene Officers
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
overall responsibility of the Sanitation and Hygiene Coordinator is to
measurably improve the quality of life for vulnerable children and
families in communities and schools. S/he does this by leading a team of
Sanitation and Hygiene Officers (SHOs) to ensure effective sanitation
and hygiene promotion and sustained behavioral change among the local
communities, schools and public health institutions using appropriate
sanitation approaches and innovations.
This position and the
SHOs will walk alongside villages, families, schools, and churches,
transforming the WASH situation through use of Lifewater International’s
Vision of a Healthy Village (VHV) strategy. S/he is responsible for
realization of sanitation and hygiene (SH) plans, changed SH behaviors,
and the associated health outcomes in communities. The position holder
will be working and living in the communities alongside the people we
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring, evaluation, and data collection (baseline, mWater submissions) of households, communities, schools, and institutions
and support SHOs in reaching every household in every target community,
mobilizing them to achieve Healthy Homes and Healthy Villages
- School WASH facilitation and leadership: Teacher training, WASH club support
- Oversee SHO WASH promotion activities in schools and support schools to achieve Healthy School status
baseline data collection processes such as mapping of new areas,
collecting WASH data and registering villages in the Lifewater system
using mWater Flow
- Working in collaboration with the Area
Programme Manager (APM) in planning and budgeting at the Programme level
following Lifewater planning process and baseline data.
detailed implementation schedules with timelines covering all schools,
communities, primary schools, health care facilities and submits for
review by APM. Use appropriate mWater forms for all registrations and
assessments of community health activities.
- Supports and ensure
monitoring, evaluation, and data collection (baseline, monitoring mWater
submissions) of households, communities and schools ensuring data is
completed accurately and submitted on time.
- Community WASH
facilitation and leadership: oversees the planning, training and
mentoring of WASH Facilitators), scheduling and leading on Community Led
Total Sanitation (CLTS) and Open Defecation Free (ODF) verification
- Supports and guides SHOs to carry out community
mobilization for WASH activities and water committee engagement (before
the water points are constructed).
- Schedules and works with the SHOs and Engineering team to conduct training for Water Committees.
WASH promotion activities at health care facilities including health
workers training in WASH and other capacity building efforts
and nurtures relationship with key stakeholders including the District
Health and Education Offices, Sub- County leaders, Village and Ward
level villages and schools to enlist their support for LI WASH
activities in the programme area.
- Improvements to curricula and
methodologies, and ensuring that SHOs are using correct manuals and
following guidelines for program activities
- Sets targets and
manages performance of SHOs including conducting end of probation
performance appraisals, 90 days’ performance reviews and have 1:1 weekly
meeting to measure target achievements.
- Prepares and shares with the APM regular reports on all community health activities
- Submit weekly reports and timesheet to supervisor.
- Participate in weekly one-on-one supervision meetings with supervisor.
- Participate in regular staff and skype meetings.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Relationships, Networking and Collaboration
engagement and collaboration with Local Government Agencies (LGA) at
all levels to ensure ownership and sustainability of the project
informal and formal communication, information sharing, among all LI
staff members, LGAs and all relevant and key stakeholders.
coordination with other program teams and support teams with the aim of
achieving the program and organizational objectives.
University degree in Environment Health, public health, Social
Sciences, Social Work and Social Administration, Development Studies,
Community Health, Community Psychology and Education or other related
of three (3) years’ development working experience preferably in an NGO
setting, with at least two (2) years of field experience managing and
coordinating rural health/water and sanitation activities.
- Previous experience in the design and delivery of capacity building trainings in rural communities
in project planning & management with a good understanding of
project cycle management particularly in WASH service provision
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team including staff performance management, mentoring and coaching.
- Competence in writing high quality reports, exhibiting detailed and professional attributes.
- Analytical skills and decision-making abilities even in complex and sensitive situations.
- Strong ICT skills especially Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to ride a motorcycle and in possession of with a valid riding permit
to support Lifewater’s mission, vision, and core values; able to cope
with cross-cultural and denominational diversities.
- Energetic, flexible and proactive with the ability to work both independently and cooperatively within a team setting.
- Well organized and efficient in time management whenever there is task pressure.
strong teamwork skills and ability to develop and maintain effective
working relations at all levels both within and outside the team.
- Punctual, honest, dependable, servant leader, trustworthy, encourager, peacekeeper, multi-tasker, and self-starter.
tolerance of corruption (all forms of interest conflicts, bribes,
fraud, all kinds of corruptions, etc. are not acceptable).
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
MODE OF APPLICATION
All applications should be done through https://lifewater.bamboohr.com/careers/99 and not otherwise. Application via email or any other platform won’t be considered the deadline of the applications is 20th February 2023 5:00PM.